SB Pro PE 4.010 Released

Sean

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was my #$^##! provider... 

After calling them and mentioning their closer and distant relatives  they fixed the issue so now it si ok, im downloading it.

Regarding release notes: is bright  blue text part I need to read because some of notes seems really familiar like i have read them already in August ?  Also PDf doc says it is 4.009  notes.. not 4.010.

Edited by BigBadVuk

Just upgraded to 4.010....I am one fussy old man that likes eye candy..To the ESIM team thank you for this new upgrade,hell I can even see tracers in thermal mode now...This is a true work of art...Thanks ESIM...

Edited by delta6

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any improvement in terms of performance in 4.010?

I have pretty much stopped playing SB lately due to low performance / new TIS causing massive framedrops. Any chance for optimalization or time start collecting for a new hardware?

Edited by daskal

• Members

We are working on improvements, but they will only be released in the next update along with the new terrain. The latest improvements were considered "too experimental" for a public release (we really want to run things by the beta testers first). Like I mentioned on other occasions, this is a long-term task in a way. 4.0. isn't suffering from one specific performance issue, we're bleeding from a thousand papercuts. So we will continue to work on improvements, where most changes will only yield maybe a 10th of a frame per second, as long as we can't identify a specific bottleneck. But of course, a hundred changes here and there bring the framerate up by 10 in that context - and that of course will be noticeable again. Your problem is, I cannot guarantee how fast that will happen, but maybe you wait three more months and try out the next update before committing to a new computer. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

Good morning guys!

I was away for the past 3 week, what are the news about incoming xmass patch for SB 4.010? So called "terrain update"?

Is it still planned for release in a week, or we have some updated info? 

Well the "best", from your POV, post I can find relates to "early 2017".

How that translates into "Xmas" (well and truly in 2016) I have no idea.

Can I suggest coming back in Late Jan, early Feb and asking again?

Edited by Gibsonm

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Chiquito said:

ok I was out of games the last months and never fallowed the updates. I remember my last update was 4.004.

Question? this Sim have a kind of autoupdate?

all my config controls etc gonna be still there if I do a clean installation?

You should be fine with your config files. Steel Beasts doesn't have an automatic update; you'll have to download it from eSim.