Squad Leader question

Parachuteprone

• Members

It "shouldn't" happen, but, well, sometimes the infantry does what it wants. It could be the urge to reposition. It could be a periodic shakedown of the firing positions, which, at least as far as I remember it from team sessions, is necessary when taking positions inside of buildings at least. But that shakedown doesn't happen all the time, as your description suggests. Can you describe a bit more in detail what you're doing and what the tactical situation is when you observe it, so that we can recreate the situation in our tests?

I have two Squads in a building being assaulted by enemy infantry. Farther behind in fairly open terrain I have a sniper team.  I am in the squad leader position of the sniper team and am looking through binoculars identifying targets using "shoot at unit".

You cannot move your "shoot at unit" arrow  outside your current view so I move the crosshairs to the direction I want to designate, click "shoot at unit" but sometimes before I can click on the unit I want to identify/engage the crosshair snaps

back to another direction and I can no longer see the unit I wanted to designate.

Hope that makes sense.

I've seen a similar happen with regular squads as well when under fire.

Actually doesn't happen when firing dies down so has to be the unit reacting to incoming fire.

In fact if you forget about the target designation part and simply move your binocular crosshairs in a direction other than where you are facing it will snap back in seconds when there is any firing going on.

Smallunitwinter.sce

Edited by Parachuteprone