Enable Multiple Controllers?

jhay

I have always used CH Products Joystick and Throttle and their Control Manager software to Play SteelBeasts.  Suddenly a software conflict has arisen (prolly with Windows 10) that has necessitated the removal of the CH Control Manager program.  The two controllers are still USBed into my system.  In my various other flight sims I have been able to assign buttons and axes from both controllers directly in the game, but not SteelBeasts.  It seems SB will only take commands from one controller.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have always the driving controls on the throttle and turret, POV, and gunnery functions on the joystick. Is there a method to get SB to recognize two controllers?

• Members
3 hours ago, jhay said:

In my various other flight sims I have been able to assign buttons and axes from both controllers directly in the game, but not SteelBeasts.  It seems SB will only take commands from one controller.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have always the driving controls on the throttle and turret, POV, and gunnery functions on the joystick. Is there a method to get SB to recognize two controllers?

a) Yes

b) No, SB is just ancient in its way to accept inputs only from the "preferred device" among several game controllers

c) There's nothing that YOU can do.

WE will, of course, address it one day. But I have to be honest, it's not our top priority at the moment.

17 hours ago, jhay said:

I have always used CH Products Joystick and Throttle and their Control Manager software to Play SteelBeasts.  Suddenly a software conflict has arisen (prolly with Windows 10) that has necessitated the removal of the CH Control Manager program.  The two controllers are still USBed into my system.  In my various other flight sims I have been able to assign buttons and axes from both controllers directly in the game, but not SteelBeasts.  It seems SB will only take commands from one controller.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have always the driving controls on the throttle and turret, POV, and gunnery functions on the joystick. Is there a method to get SB to recognize two controllers?

For SB and other sims I use http://xpadder.com/?lang=english&country=US With that you can assign keys to the controls and use two (or more) of them. I use an old and good Micro$oft Sidewinder plus a gamepad and I assigned a lot of keys to them. You can do lot of nice stuff with xpadder. I left the game keys to default and then I assign them to both of the joysticks. I have several profiles for the different tanks and when you have all ready is very nice and works B| Hope it helps!

• 2 years later...
On 12/5/2016 at 3:04 PM, Vikingo said:

For SB and other sims I use http://xpadder.com/?lang=english&country=US With that you can assign keys to the controls and use two (or more) of them. I use an old and good Micro$oft Sidewinder plus a gamepad and I assigned a lot of keys to them. You can do lot of nice stuff with xpadder. I left the game keys to default and then I assign them to both of the joysticks. I have several profiles for the different tanks and when you have all ready is very nice and works B| Hope it helps!

I have been trying to get my oculus touch controllers to work with SB. That'd be the perfect companion: Right hand on the mouse, the other on the left controller, lasing and shooting. But unfortunately I still havent found a way of using it with SB.

22 minutes ago, stormrider_sp said:

I have been trying to get my oculus touch controllers to work with SB. That'd be the perfect companion: Right hand on the mouse, the other on the left controller, lasing and shooting. But unfortunately I still havent found a way of using it with SB.

?????  Are you playing SB in VR?  If so, can you share your secret (Vorpx?).