Design targets in M1A1 CWS to gunner?

Japo32

Hello. 

I was wondering if the TC can design targets to the gunner through the vision of the CWS 50cal. I find it the only way to both gunner and TC look at different places same time, because the GPSE would produce both look at same place always. So I want the gunner control left for example and I with the CWS control right. If I see a target say to the AI gunner to target my contact.

Thanks.

The answer is no. The TC can override which is simply grabbing his palm switch and swinging the turret to what he was looking at which would put the CWS 50cal. off target. The M1A1 variants do not have the hunter/killer capability. More information on the m1a1 for SB here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=M1A1_(HA)#Commander.27s_Weapon_Station_.28CWS.29

Edited by Assassin 7
added A1

So it would be nice to add a function in SteelBeast, to tell the AI that I have a contact as TC at the direction I am looking (with CWS, binoculars or just by eye outside or in the periscope). Not only for the M1A1 but every vehicle. If in multiplayer I can say to my gunner in multicrew positions "contact 2 o'clock", I should be able to do it in SteelBeast 4.xx to my A.I. crew. I know I can tell him to scan front, right or left.. but maybe not the rear, or other "clock" positions.

Thanks.

Edited by Japo32

Well the situation in case of M1A1's, in real world is a bit different when CWS cupola is replaced by newer SCWS which is fully stabilized, and have new day and thermal optics with 3x, 6x and 9x zoom, and can be used as a sort of panoramic sight equivalent.

USMC is working on even more advanced version of SCWS, but we probably get more informations next year. ;)

8 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

haha, that remember me about this:

autonomo-hombre-orquesta.jpg

Not fully, unless you have some form of voice command, pushing the buttons to do the "jump-gun-jump" thing, will tie you up just as much as pressing the right buttons for: tank, 2 o'clock 1800...