Would instant action auto end?

Pandacat

After killing mass of enemy at the bridge, I scanned around, but couldn't find any target.  Then I blasted all likely areas including in the river with arty, but the mission won't end by itself.  Is there a victory trigger or you have to end it yourself?  Is there anyway that I can tell if I have killed off all enemy?

• Members

If you know that you won, you don't need a stupid computer to tell you. ;)

That said, there is no proper automatic end. Somewhere some enemy was still alive, and as long as that is the case the scenario keeps running, except when your unit is destroyed. Typically what happens is that some enemy fall into the water and stall their engines there, but technically they are "not quite dead yet".

On 12/23/2016 at 10:05 AM, Ssnake said:

If you know that you won, you don't need a stupid computer to tell you. ;)

That said, there is no proper automatic end. Somewhere some enemy was still alive, and as long as that is the case the scenario keeps running, except when your unit is destroyed. Typically what happens is that some enemy fall into the water and stall their engines there, but technically they are "not quite dead yet".

I plastered the whole river with icm rounds section by section.  I guess arty won't hit the ones already submerged in the water?  I know BMP's won't sink but tanks would probably disappear from the surface.

• Members

A fully submerged tank counts as killed; martially submerged beyond the air intake point, and you have a mobility kill.

It may be that the water surface has a protective effect; that said, a single survivor -  and be it a lowly BMP-1's dismount - would prevent the automatic ending of the mission. ICM barrages are pretty effective, but by no means a "guaranteed kill of everything" in the target area.

On 12/25/2016 at 7:07 PM, Gibsonm said:

I doubt it.

Its meant to be a standard template where the only thing that changes is the vehicle you choose.

You can off course make your own scenario and set that one up however you wish.

The only arty support options in the drop-down menu for T72 are HE, HE smoke, ICM+rocket and airstrike etc.  But when I select ICM+rocket, there are no tube numbers.  And there is no countdown to splash.  I figure it is not functional?  Also, btw, in order to use rockets, do I need add rocket arty units on map right?