Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rump

Dutch CV90s to receive active protection

Wow! Finally a sensible decision in my country. What's next? Buying bullets so our soldiers don't have to shout "piew! piew!" on training?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, munckmb said:

Wow! Finally a sensible decision in my country. What's next? Buying bullets so our soldiers don't have to shout "piew! piew!" on training?

 

That problem has been exaggerated IMHO, I work at the Mobile Combat Training Center,  and no FTX has been cancelled because of shortage of blank ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, munckmb said:

Wow! Finally a sensible decision in my country. What's next? Buying bullets so our soldiers don't have to shout "piew! piew!" on training?

 

Well hopefully they buy blank.

 

Using "bullets" (live ammunition) in training might get untidy very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

20 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

 

Well hopefully they buy blank.

 

Using "bullets" (live ammunition) in training might get untidy very quickly.

Well, unless they where shouting "piew piew" on a shooting range :-P

(hang on, this would be a double saver: no need to tape the targets too)

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and you can get rid of range safety officers, a lot of paperwork, security guards.

 

Idea: Why don't we abolish armies in total. That would save even more money. If you prune a tree right at the bottom, you only need to cut once. Genius!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Grenny said:

Well, unless they where shouting "piew piew" on a shooting range :-P

(hang on, this would be a double saver: no need to tape the targets too)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was plenty of "Bang! Bang!" shouting during my early army days, too, so I guess we could have been depicted as witless cannon fodder as well. Hmmm, at the end of the Cold War, maybe we were. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ssnake said:

There was plenty of "Bang! Bang!" shouting during my early army days, too, so I guess we could have been depicted as witless cannon fodder as well. Hmmm, at the end of the Cold War, maybe we were. :o

 

Which army were you in again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bundeswehr, presumably at the peak of its prowess as far as classical national defense and high intensity warfare is concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh!

Oh!

I can!

I spent 15 months in the airforce: Wwwweeeeeeeeooooooouuwwwwwwwww!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmm steelbeast with human sounds... would be mint.... i can say like a bomb... or like a gau/8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Oh!

Oh!

I can!

I spent 15 months in the airforce: Wwwweeeeeeeeooooooouuwwwwwwwww!

WTF? How did you end up in the "easy way of draft dodging"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

WTF? How did you end up in the "easy way of draft dodging"?

Brains over brawn

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Grenny said:

WTF? How did you end up in the "easy way of draft dodging"?

 

One day I might tell you about my dirty secret over a beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

''Even better: no weapon cleaning afterwards(ok ok...less cleaning) ''

 

 

 

Dont forget about the drool.

Edited by mpow66m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good read.will finish later.wonder if the US will ever adopt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now