Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Major duck

Kanium Sunday 8th JAN "5ID mission1" BY Swordsmandk

61 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am sorry, but my visitors have changed their travel plans and thus I will not be able to make Sunday - Gutted!!  See you next week.

Regards,

ShortnSweet

Hallooo

Can I has a Tank?

My aim is to survive longer than last time.... about 12 minutes.

Count me in, but not very important seat, as I cannot promise to be there with 100% certainty: little-Zip is ready to dismount any day now. :P

Awards

2 hours ago, Zipuli said:

Count me in, but not very important seat, as I cannot promise to be there with 100% certainty: little-Zip is ready to dismount any day now. :P

All the best wishes for you and Mrs. Zipuli !!

1 minute ago, Grenny said:

All the best wishes for you and Mrs. Zipuli !!

And remember family comes before this game/sim and good luck when ever it happens :) 

3 hours ago, Zipuli said:

Congrats!

We have a little SB do 24hours prior (1800 GMT on the 7th), if you need some fudge facter. :)

Awards

Dalle if you want to take the plt then I have no problem with it. Let me know.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:19 PM, Zipuli said:

Wait? What?

Zipuli's going to be Da Zip?

And Mini Zip!

:D

On 05/01/2017 at 6:07 PM, Domestos said:

Hallooo

Can I has a Tank?

My aim is to survive longer than last time.... about 12 minutes.

Hahha!

Sorry all, I'm bowing out, I've had a relapse of my christmas cold and a headache that no paracetamol can shift.

Hope I don't let anyone down

Domestos

1 minute ago, Domestos said:

Sorry all, I'm bowing out, I've had a relapse of my christmas cold and a headache that no paracetamol can shift.

Hope I don't let anyone down

Domestos

Bad domestos Bad :/

Get well see you next time

A new year and some stuff to improve again.

Original mission had error that made server crash. Apoc had spare mission we could run.

Yeah  well, shit happens 8)

18 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:

A new year and some stuff to improve again.

Original mission had error that made server crash. Apoc had spare mission we could run.

Yeah  well, shit happens 8)

Sorry to hear that.

Are there indicatiosn what caused the troubles? Would be nice to know IOT avoid it in sce design!!

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

Sorry to hear that.

Are there indicatiosn what caused the troubles? Would be nice to know IOT avoid it in sce design!!

we think it has to do with dismounts.
In the error that came up , my name was the cause. That is exactly when I was dismounting a dragon equipped troop from an M3. 
Abbidon and someone else tried it and the error came up during the dismount .... error , i mean crash

3 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

we think it has to do with dismounts.
In the error that came up , my name was the cause. That is exactly when I was dismounting a dragon equipped troop from an M3. 
Abbidon and someone else tried it and the error came up during the dismount .... error , i mean crash

Only the dragon team? Other dismounts worked??

Just now, Grenny said:

In my case it was the dragon team ... will have to ask Abiddon what he dismounted

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

i tested the mission in mp yesterday with cavgunner.

had no issues

On wednesday, 11 Jan, Zaphod, Mirazayev, Speckfire and myself conducted 3 brief tests of sunday's Kanium mission - Swordsman 5ID Mission 1.  2-pies was hosting server.  All players manned mech inf to test if dismounting infantry caused game crash.

First test - mission as played without change.  Game crashed after approx 2 mins while Zaphod was dismounting Bradley scout ATGM teams.

Second test - Replaced Bradley scout ATGM teams with LMG teams (deleted original mount and replaced with new, dismounted LMG teams - started game dismounted as unable to remount).  Game crashed after approx 5 minutes after 2-pies, Zaphod and Mirazayev has dismounted inf teams and moved into building cover.

Third test - Replaced original Bradley scout ATGM teams with LMG teams (changed original ATGM mounts via Options - Troop Type menu and remounted recce teams).  Game had not crashed after approx 10 minutes - all dismounts successful.  Server terminated normally due to unrelated time limit.