Noob Questions from non-noob

jhay

Gentlemen, I am seriously studying how to control units using single-player scenarios.

1. With AFVs and APCs (vehicles with infantry squads in them), The first thing they do when I hit the 'Start' button is dismount and scatter! I then have to go to each vehicle and order them to load back up. This is very tedious and time-consuming, and often they never catch up with their vehicles. No enemy contact involved. This is behind the start line. I am certain I am missing something here. Or are they just trying to get to the battle well after the tank forces have arrived?

2. "Beginner's Campaign" has approx. 30 units on the map. Do I have to draw a route for each one? Is there a way to attach them together for a larger mass of force and just draw one route? I am spending all my time drawing routes for units and rounding up infantry, who seem to dismount at random.

3. Thank you for your attention and patience with me. I've had this for a year now and have reached a learning plateau. I'm finally admitting I need help. Ssnake, you are a devoted developer, this community is lucky to have you.

Jhay

• Members

1) It may depend on the starting conditions - are the IFVs driving, or in a battle position initially. It might be best to have them drive 10m initially, then arrive at a waypoint from which a route with an embark condition stems to let them advance when it suits the plan.

2) I'm not sure to which "beginner" scenarios you are referring (and even then they may be for beginners in the (sub)skill of battle plan development. But anyway, the easiest solution is to create a "template route" (a normal route) which you then right-click and select "copy route" or even "copy route chain". You can then paste it to any unit and/or waypoint.

3) I'm not really a developer, just the sales, PR, and customer support guy. :)

Al Delaney deserves credit for most of the hard work, as well as Sean, Dejawolf, Volcano, and the beta testers.