What part guides tank-fired ATGM's?

IndustrialDonut

I'm just curious, but given that most if not all ATGM's fired from tanks are laser guided either being laser homing or beam riding, what is the source of the laser? Like, since obviously any tank capable of firing these missiles has a laser range finder, is that same laser the source of the missile guidance? Does it vary per-tank? I'm specifically wondering per the Leopard 2 being laser homing and the T-64/T-72/T-80/T-90 as they're all beam riding. While I haven't been able to figure out how to use the ATGM's in the game yet, this is just something that I'm, very interested in. Thank you.

57 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

For 9K119 Refleks and 9K120 Svir systems, they use laser range finder for guidance.

Ah wonderful! I was wondering because I hear about certain laser rangefinders being subject to 'burning out' and it had struck me then how simply ranging a target could be dangerous to the equipment on certain vehicles but then apparently guiding a missile with it is no worry lol. 

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

For 9K119 Refleks and 9K120 Svir systems, they use laser range finder for guidance.

No, LRF is solely for range measurement. In case of 9K120, modulated laser beam, which forms "control field" for GLATGM is projected from 1K13  night sight- guidance unit. And with 9K119 gunner`s day sight have separate laser for guidance of missiles.

4 hours ago, Jartsev said:

No, LRF is solely for range measurement. In case of 9K120, modulated laser beam, which forms "control field" for GLATGM is projected from 1K13  night sight- guidance unit. And with 9K119 gunner`s day sight have separate laser for guidance of missiles.

Ah thanks for clearing this because somewhere I seen information it's LRF.

Yeah I was wrong @IndustrialDonut Jartsev is right.