Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Volcano

TGIF 2017: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

114 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Roger that.

I will man a Leo 2A5DK, and communicate it via your SOP to Volcano and/or Sean.

Tnx for info and help.

Interrogative: who is Sean?

Kind Regards

Nike

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Sean runs the forum and also tends to host TGIF.

Awards

Well, I dug my old map of Gagetown out and dropped in to TS 20 min early to find the battle in full swing and did not want to drop in mid battle. Has the TGIF timing changed from 0300 GMT?  Maybe next week I can get online in time.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, 71st_AH_Rob said:

Well, I dug my old map of Gagetown out and dropped in to TS 20 min early to find the battle in full swing and did not want to drop in mid battle. Has the TGIF timing changed from 0300 GMT?  Maybe next week I can get online in time.

Cheers!

10 pm NY time

Try at 0130 GMT (20:30 CST).  That will get you there 30 minutes early.

Roger. Maybe the instructions should be updated? Anyway I will try to be there it will be easier to do an hour earlier than later!

FYI, there will be no *official* TGIF this Friday (May 19th), due to not having a host, and various other things (this is ITEC week after all).

Unofficially, feel free to meet up around that time and get a game going among yourselves, or just take a break and go outside and stare up at the sun or moon.

TGIF will resume the following week...

I can provide a host option.

Might be "good for the soul" for others to experience slightly larger pings for a change. :)

Awards

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

I can provide a host option.

Might be "good for the soul" for others to experience slightly larger pings for a change. :)

Yayyy....Means I might have a chance.

We conducted an impromptu session with seven players and ran a pre release version of an upcoming "Panzer_Leader" scenario.

Awards

On 5/19/2017 at 11:04 PM, Gibsonm said:

We conducted an impromptu session with seven players and ran a pre release version of an upcoming "Panzer_Leader" scenario.

OK, thanks for keeping the TGIF flame burning. :)

OK, just FYI for all:

TGIF will continue this Friday. However one thing will change for the near future (it has nothing to do with the one week hiatus, just something I have been meaning to change and this is a good time to do it)...

Until further notice, TGIF scenarios will be posted on the day of TGIF (Friday), just before game time (anywhere from several hours to just prior). The posting will be mainly for the host to get the scenario.

(This thread will still be used as normal to discuss the scenarios that are played, of course.)

Why the change?

Several years ago Sean and I used to pick the the TGIF scenario at game time, with no advanced noticed. I was solicited by members of the community to change this and post the scenario earlier in the week so that COs would have time to look at it and figure out if they would volunteer, and so that they could come up with a plan, but frankly, there just isn't enough CO volunteering anymore to justify the extra effort to post the scenario early.

The CO participation at this point is disappointing. Currently there is actually a negative impact to the TGIF experience from posting the scenario days in advance. Not only does it take time and effort to post early to little effect (of not having more CO volunteers), but also because we almost always end up with one volunteer to CO, and they usually end up with a meticulous plan, with units being positioned in precise places, and some other guy (usually me) that gets stuck with CO'ing the other side. This is an unacceptable mismatch. Secondarily, we also end up with cases where people tend to look over the opposing side a bit too much - all of us have probably done this at some point.

So, until we get to a point that we have more/different people volunteering to CO, then I will post the scenario early again. Until then, I will save me some wasted effort and all CO's will just have to be on the same spontaneous plan footing.

Is using an old saved plan allowed?. Because  i have meticulous plan, with units being positioned in precise places for almost all TGIF missions.

Awards

8 minutes ago, Colebrook said:

Is using an old saved plan allowed?. Because  i have meticulous plan, with units being positioned in precise places for almost all TGIF missions.

Sure it is allowed. Anything that was done prior to this point was fine, otherwise I would have said something about it. The issue at this point is simply the lack of CO volunteers.

But if anyone has an old plan that matches the version of the scenario (I assume it will not load it if it doesn't - at least that used to be true), then it can be used.