Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

delta6

Tracked vehicles..

Can this be implemented in to the next patch?? This is what really happens when Tanks and P.C."s encounter razor wire..

7eba796909f53424340f4721da21a43c.jpg.accecc5ba2fa229aaac8f44324330d01.jpg

1 hour ago, delta6 said:

Can this be implemented in to the next patch?? 

Check this wiki. There is a chance that AFVs will take track or suspension damage from running through C-Wire.

I know but in this sim I just ran a 5 tank platoon of m-60A3 thru triple strand concertina at slow speed and they didn't even slow down..I got caught in some as our platoon was leaving Lai Khe thru the east gate and didn't make it 20 ft..Talk about a screwed up mess...The mp's got quite a laugh out of it...

3 hours ago, delta6 said:

I know but in this sim I just ran a 5 tank platoon of m-60A3 thru triple strand concertina at slow speed and they didn't even slow down..I got caught in some as our platoon was leaving Lai Khe thru the east gate and didn't make it 20 ft..Talk about a screwed up mess...The mp's got quite a laugh out of it...

There doing this per random numbers...depending on number of wire rows, vhicle type and vehile speed...you have a different chance of getting track damage

You were, indeed, VERY lucky. Or you discovered a bug. If you can do it again, let me know.

It looks like the chance of getting tracked is very low, at least for the M1A2 and M2A2. Attached is scenario that makes testing it pretty easy, except for the PCs which won't voluntarily drive over the triple strand wires.

concertina_wire_test.7z

Your scenario has many wire barriers the one I was using has a single triple wire barrier...That could be the reason they waltz right thru it...

I was able to get all of the vehicles stuck, ie thrown tracks, in Rotar's scenario.  It didn't happen at the same time and one vehicle went through the all of the fences fully three times before something happened to it.  I think that there is a chance that it could happen at any time, but does not happen all the time, for each vehicle.  I was a participant in a multiplayer session where one of the tanks threw a track when it went through a single strand of concertina wire for the second time so I know it can happen in game.

Edited by TSe419E

Awards

That definitely doesn't sound right. We'll have a close look at this.

I heard the WW1 tanks could drive over barbed wire, no problem.

Or do Barbed and Concertina wire differ somehow?

Or is it more to do with track design?

When you compare say a Mark IV (of logo fame) - designed to cross wire and obstacles, with a low speed (6kph or so) and little/no suspension (resulting in few snag points / weaknesses) and most of the running gear covered in the hull, to a newer AFV designed to go a lot quicker, not optimised for wire and trench crossing and with a whole bunch of exposed shock absorbers, support arms, and other suspension components and sure you'll have issues.

Just hitting a roll of wire at 40 kph vs 6 kph is going to be different.

Edited by Gibsonm

Awards