Tracked vehicles..

delta6

I know but in this sim I just ran a 5 tank platoon of m-60A3 thru triple strand concertina at slow speed and they didn't even slow down..I got caught in some as our platoon was leaving Lai Khe thru the east gate and didn't make it 20 ft..Talk about a screwed up mess...The mp's got quite a laugh out of it...

3 hours ago, delta6 said:

I know but in this sim I just ran a 5 tank platoon of m-60A3 thru triple strand concertina at slow speed and they didn't even slow down..I got caught in some as our platoon was leaving Lai Khe thru the east gate and didn't make it 20 ft..Talk about a screwed up mess...The mp's got quite a laugh out of it...

There doing this per random numbers...depending on number of wire rows, vhicle type and vehile speed...you have a different chance of getting track damage

I was able to get all of the vehicles stuck, ie thrown tracks, in Rotar's scenario.  It didn't happen at the same time and one vehicle went through the all of the fences fully three times before something happened to it.  I think that there is a chance that it could happen at any time, but does not happen all the time, for each vehicle.  I was a participant in a multiplayer session where one of the tanks threw a track when it went through a single strand of concertina wire for the second time so I know it can happen in game.

Edited by TSe419E

When you compare say a Mark IV (of logo fame) - designed to cross wire and obstacles, with a low speed (6kph or so) and little/no suspension (resulting in few snag points / weaknesses) and most of the running gear covered in the hull, to a newer AFV designed to go a lot quicker, not optimised for wire and trench crossing and with a whole bunch of exposed shock absorbers, support arms, and other suspension components and sure you'll have issues.

Just hitting a roll of wire at 40 kph vs 6 kph is going to be different.

Edited by Gibsonm