BG ANZAC - 26 JAN 0830GMT (with TeamViewer support)

Gibsonm

Who is BG ANZAC? http://www.bganzac.org

Described here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21753

A couple of examples of the BattleGroup at work:

Multi Player session:

Training session:

So if you are interested, visit our web site http://www.bganzac.org and sign up.

Timings: Thursday evenings, Australian time.

So Daylight Saving has kicked in here and for the next 6 months the country is broken up into yet more time zones.

Next meeting: 0830 GMT on Thursday, January 26th (Australia Day)

0830 in London

1630 in Perth

1800 in Darwin

1900 in Adelaide

1930 in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra

1830 in Brisbane

2130 in Auckland

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170126T0830

This may need to be adjusted given the late start in NZ, perhaps moving to 0800 GMT?

So a work around: Mission will start promptly at 0830 GMT. If you want a pre game "chat" then by all means come on line at say 0800 GMT, but so that the Kiwi's aren't after Midnight the Mission will commence promptly at 0830 GMT.

Count down: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170126T0830

We continue the use of TeamViewer so people without the Steel Beasts software can connect and see and hear what we see and hear (looking over our shoulder if you like).

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.au&gclid=CPLOveOGlcECFVgkvQodqk0A4g

This maybe a suitable vehicle for people to see what the software is all about, without having to invest in even a short time limited copy.

Anyway we'll see how it goes.

Agenda:

As always depends on sign ups but:

Note: This is the Australia Day public holiday in Aust. Unsure if many "locals" intend to turn up but happy to run a session for the overseas audience. Responses in this thread will help determine if its held or not.

1. Probably some low unit density activity, reflecting the expected low turn out.

2. Scope for Q & A / Tutorial session - again depends on responses and if people come ready to ask questions.

3. Discussions regarding Rolling Thunder '17, if the key parties make it.

As always, visitors / first timers / spectators are welcome.

Current Standard: 4.010

Please use the new Calendar RSVP function to facilitate planning.

8645220092_f770f85007.jpg

I hope you had a good Australia Day?  We ended up celebrating as virtual Danes and had a fun session play-testing the latest iteration of 'Armoured Infantry Company Attack at Rydsgard 1991'.  Gibsonm's plan was on target and its execution was good but got off to a rocky start, and there was a point, about one-third in, where it felt like it hung in the balance.  Still, we grit our teeth and pressed on and ended up with a 100% Major Victory; gongs all round!

Here are a few snaps of the action.

M113A1s of 22 [Panzer_Leader] form up for the advance in low ground.

26JAN17_01.jpg

M113 TOW of 36 [D u k e] fires into the rising sun at a BMD-2 on feature 09 from behind a destroyed platoon-mate.

26JAN17_02%20-%20Copy.jpg

22 breaks from behind feature 06 to begin its assault on feature 11. 

26JAN17_03.jpg

As it assaults towards feature 11, 22 watches as a Leopard 1 DK of 14 [Jumo213] pops its turret after being hit by a Spandrel from feature 09, two kilometres north-east.

26JAN17_04.jpg

22 conducts a mounted clearance of feature 11, finishing off the dismounted survivors of a BMD-2 picked off by 14 with bursts of 12.7 mm.

26JAN17_05.jpg

Dismounts of 32 [Panzer_Leader] stalk a BMD-2 in dead ground to the east of feature 19 while friendly mortar fire suppresses the target.  The BMD-2 was ultimately dispatched by the OC of 2nd Company [Gibsonm] after being flanked by his HQ track from the north.

26JAN17_06.jpg 

Edited by Panzer_Leader

57 minutes ago, smithcorp said:

Sounds like fun - sorry i couldn't make it - sailed on the busy waters of Hawkesbury River and Cowan Creek. This little bay below, normally quiet and peaceful was heaving with 60+ boats!

See you Thursday!

pano.jpg

That's a lot of boats! No room for novice skippers there...

30 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Brian,

Now they know what we have to compete against, while most others readers only have snow, sleet or rain to distract them from SB. ;)

BTW, "Chong Ju" might be on the radar (depends on attendance). :)

Ah, Chong Ju, sounds interesting. I'd better start swotting up on 'Attack' doctrine to help my planning for this one.

3 minutes ago, smithcorp said:

We are the little yellow boats pulled up on the beach far left - took a bit of navigating to get back out through drunk swimmers etc. Fun day though, 60+ kms from home.

I remember you telling me about those. Looks like a fun day out. I don't think I've ever seen a bay that busy that wasn't a marina though :)

Edited by Panzer_Leader

On 29/01/2017 at 6:35 PM, smithcorp said:

Sounds like fun - sorry i couldn't make it - sailed on the busy waters of Hawkesbury River and Cowan Creek. This little bay below, normally quiet and peaceful was heaving with 60+ boats!

pano.jpg

Compare this where another member spent Australia Day. It has always been a land of contrasts:

IMG_7092.JPG