Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nercon

ETA on terrain patch?

175 posts in this topic

Yes, please, better to not create expectations which are possibly let down in the end (it frequently happens), nor place unnecessary pressure on those that are tediously working on the improvements.

The final FPS situation should be better (this is a stated goal, and is not a secret), but exactly how much better is not reliably known at this time.

This is why it is better for those that are privy to such information to not comment any further until we are closer to release. I understand the enthusiasm though, but let's please leave it at that for the moment.

To be fair, Granny was pretty vague. He could be talking about FPS, or the new terrain engine's ability to smooth out the harsher edges of terrain elevation, or something else completely. People will always misinterpret statements. 

That being said, I can completely understand your desire to have control over the expectation management. Lionhead Studios is an excellent example of how promising the moon can backfire.

21 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

To each his own.

But i am pretty happy with what we have got at the moment seems to be running well

Of course any update is welcome especially if it has additional vehicles.;)

So April is behind the corner so to say. Any update on this patch?

Posted (edited)

Well there was mention of "4.017 (+)" but unsure if that includes the terrain patch or not:

Edited by Gibsonm

Awards

No.

The current beta focuses on performance improvements. The New Terrain beta test will start after the release of the upcoming PE beta test, around or right after the Easter hoilidays.

Thank you for info, and keep up the steady work - better few weeks more in tests then crashes or issues in release :)

On 2017-03-30 at 0:11 AM, Ssnake said:

No.

The current beta focuses on performance improvements. The New Terrain beta test will start after the release of the upcoming PE beta test, around or right after the Easter hoilidays.

Good to hear there's progress being made. Looking forward to the release. Good luck with the final testing.

On 30/03/2017 at 10:13 AM, Hedgehog said:

Couple of weeks sounds good :-) 

That isn't what he said.

On 30/03/2017 at 9:11 AM, Ssnake said:

The New Terrain beta test will start after the release of the upcoming PE beta test, around or right after the Easter hoilidays.

The beta testing of the Terrain will start around/after Easter (yes a couple of weeks away).

It will be available to us, some time (weeks, months, ...) after that.

Don't expect the Terrain Engine to be out on Easter Tuesday.

Awards

Any news on release yet?

Really interested in the improved Highway ON/OFF ramps .

I'm remaking the

Thunder Run

scenario with a lot more accuracy (satellite imagery etc) creating civilian vehicles and adding a ton of random events to ensure the same mission never plays twice!

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Kilo60 said:

Any news on release yet?

Really interested in the improved Highway ON/OFF ramps .

I'm remaking the "THUNDER RUN" scenario based off just finishing the book twice.

Adding a lot more accuracy (satellite imagery etc) creating civilian vehicles and adding a ton of random events to ensure the same mission never plays twice!

Edited by Kilo60

guess the best way to say it is... "its out when its out, and Esim decides its good to release"

after 15 yrs ive learned to stop asking,lol.;)

I have just seen that unlisted 4.1 terrain video on Esims Youtube channel. So is it official after all? I havent seen it being shared anywhere sofar.

Don't know if the terrain showed in that video (I think is that one) is the actual future PE terrain or the one that will be used in the real military version of the sim...

As far as I understand it, the terrain update will support terrain of that detail but that particular map shown in the video used proprietary elevation data that can't be publicly used.

While I like hunting around on the interweb like the next guy, can someone post a link for the video.  I don't remember reading about it.

Thanks...I would never have thought to look there...