Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Major duck

Kanium Sunday 12th Feb

63 posts in this topic

I think Mech Inf got short changed in it's load out.  Mind you it would of changed the outcome in any way , but it was to have two spike team, it  didn't have any. I played the game over after Sunday's session and nadda as for spikes.

Recon was to have micro(not) UAVs, but nada.  Would have helped to spot the two Leos on gold route.

20 hours ago, Connaugh said:

Firing on Major Duck on 3rd Platoons right flank

ZR7AVTa.jpg

Mmmm Crispy Peeking Duck

48 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Recon was to have micro(not) UAVs, but nada.  Would have helped to spot the two Leos on gold route.

Agreed. I remember looking at the manning list and seeing the UAVs any getting excited, only to have that excitement destroyed at NAI 1...

Those were my exact feelings.  I even practiced all week with it to learn how to control it and what its limitations are.

3 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Those were my exact feelings.  I even practiced all week with it to learn how to control it and what its limitations are.

I would have been less ambitious with my guidance to the recon if I had known that UAVs were not included. Originally, I envisioned using the UAVs to locate the enemy, then flanking and destroying them with the Centauro/Leopard 2 kill team.

Out of curiosity, how did the tank section being assigned to recon work out from your viewpoint? Is it worth considering in the future, or something to drop altogether?

As an early eighties cav tanker, it felt natural.  Platoons I served in had two scout vehicles (plus the Lt's), two TOW vehicles, and four tanks.  Almost gave me an "old home" feeling.  I would advise to keep doing it.

Edited by TSe419E

I am certain I added it and the spike teams. I will check in my previous version what has gone wrong.

The vec/cent with uav was something we used in my failed campaign.

It gives a bit more firepower than we have used earlier. 

I used several hours too lerning to fly the UAV, and then i got two art spotters yes big help.

In Denmark we had a sqrn. / coy with tre plt. each consisting of 4 wheled scouts, 1 armed car ( british 2 WW ) with a sqo. inf. w. bazoka 2 M41 Walker buldog and a halvtruck with a motar.

It worked nicely and there was power behind.

:D