BG ANZAC - 16 FEB 0830GMT (with TeamViewer support)

Gibsonm

Who is BG ANZAC? http://www.bganzac.org

Described here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21753

A couple of examples of the BattleGroup at work:

Multi Player session:

Training session:

So if you are interested, visit our web site http://www.bganzac.org and sign up.

Timings: Thursday evenings, Australian time.

So Daylight Saving has kicked in here and for the next 6 months the country is broken up into yet more time zones.

Next meeting: 0830 GMT on Thursday, February 16th

0830 in London

1630 in Perth

1800 in Darwin

1900 in Adelaide

1930 in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra

1830 in Brisbane

2130 in Auckland

Local time for your part of the world

This may need to be adjusted given the late start in NZ, perhaps moving to 0800 GMT?

So a work around: Mission will start promptly at 0830 GMT. If you want a pre game "chat" then by all means come on line at say 0800 GMT, but so that the Kiwi's aren't after Midnight the Mission will commence promptly at 0830 GMT.

Count down: Time to Meeting start

We continue the use of TeamViewer so people without the Steel Beasts software can connect and see and hear what we see and hear (looking over our shoulder if you like).

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.au&gclid=CPLOveOGlcECFVgkvQodqk0A4g

This maybe a suitable vehicle for people to see what the software is all about, without having to invest in even a short time limited copy.

Anyway we'll see how it goes.

Agenda:

As always depends on sign ups but:

1. We'll have our second Chong Ju solution:

31886505964_4b93e8b739_o.png

2. If there isn't enough for "Chong Ju", then we'll look at an alternate scenario.

3. Scope for Q & A / Tutorial session - again depends on responses and if people come ready to ask questions.

As always, visitors / first timers / spectators are welcome.

Current Standard: 4.010

Please use the new Calendar RSVP function or post here to facilitate planning.

8645220092_f770f85007.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

Mark, I'm stumped about my sig - since the forum change (last year?) my RT15(?) ribbon hasn't shown - i had thought maybe it was only showing that way for me. My profile shows the same thing that you are seeing i suppose: " image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1400&dateline=1433678427" so I guess something got busted.

I shall try to reload it...

Chris,

So let me first just clarify that I can't comment on whether I think the plan will work or not. I'm just going to focus on the graphics. :)

The notes and things make sense. I'd discuss the colours (they aren't wrong, just different).

I guess the only two questions / points I'd have are:

Question: what is the small arrow near Fraser Ridge and above Phase 2 indicate?

Point: You should be able to right click on the Phase 2 arrow and turn the text rotation "off" so the text reads from left to right (and is therefore more readable).

Apart from that the graphics seem OK. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Chris,

So let me first just clarify that I can't comment on whether I think the plan will work or not. I'm just going to focus on the graphics. :)

The notes and things make sense. I'd discuss the colours (they aren't wrong, just different).

I guess the only two questions / points I'd have are:

Question: what is the small arrow new Fraser Ridge and above Phase 2 indicate?

Point: You should be able to right click on the Phase 2 arrow and turn the text rotation "off" so the text reads from left to right (and is therefore more readable).

Apart from that the graphics seem OK. :)

Thanks Mark!

Just what I wanted. Looked and found how to rotate the text so that is done.

If not clear to me now what that arrow then remove it!!  The colours were to show which phase each operation belonged to but can easily be changed. Revisions attached should we ever use it. I expect to learn a lot of hard lessons and will be interested to see how others approach it.

BG ANZAC Chong Ju 4_010.pln

Agreed, nice little AAR D u k e.  Cav took a few selfies during the mission so I'll post those over the weekend when I get time.

I'm really enjoying our second round of TEWTs and seeing how people approach the same problem as CT commander after some introductory theory.  It's also nice that this one is based on a real firepower demonstration of the Australian Army.  

The dismounted scouts of V41E [Panzer_Leader] destroy a BRDM-2 AT in an overwatch position on OBJ 2 with their Javelin, taking advantage of its superior target acquisition capabilities in the rain.

16FEB17_01.jpg

The same scouts of V41E observe smoke falling on OBJ 1 as the breach of the minefield to its front gets underway.

16FEB17_02.jpg

T21A [D u k e] of the breach force on the west side of the minefield waits for the assault force of the Combat Team to shake out as the assault on OBJ 1 commences.

16FEB17_03.jpg

V41E maintains watch on OBJ 2 and beyond as clearance of OBJ 1 takes place, vigilant for any signs of a counter-penetration.

16FEB17_04.jpg

"BG ANZAC Chong Ju 4_010 ver2" (cleaned up some loose ends).

and

"BG ANZAC Chong Ju not so easy 4_010" (Enemy decides they want OBJ 1 back and launch their C-ATK force).

Are now in testing.

Will use these once the current rotation is complete (don't want to mess with existing Plan files).

A few shots I took.

T12A approaches the marked breach; Mech inf passing through and deploying; stop and drop in front of Objective 1; the assault goes in; and finally, T12 on Objective 2.

chongj21.jpg

chongj22.jpg

chongj23.jpg

chongj24.jpg

chongj25.jpg

chongj26.jpg

chongj21.jpg

chongj22.jpg

chongj23.jpg

chongj24.jpg

chongj25.jpg

chongj26.jpg