Need help on license sharing

aurens

27 minutes ago, Nate Lawrence said:

I recently tried sharing my CM Dongle with a friend, following the wiki's article on License Sharing (http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=License_Sharing), however the licenses didn't appear on my friends CodeMeter Control Center after doing the process with and without hamachi. Can somebody help us get the license sharing running?

Did you purchase a secondary license for $25? The reason I am asking is because in the Wiki it states " Whilst there is "no demo" for SB Pro PE you can setup to "borrow" a license from someone else, if they own more than one license"

Edited by Mirzayev

I believe the part of the wiki info on License Sharing that says: "if they own more than one license" is not detailed enough.

if I have one license on the dongle, one person can borrow it to play SB but, I can't also have SB running because that would use the one license and, there would be none for my friend to borrow.

Edited by pvtkramer

Try running through the guide listed below. If you use Hamachi, there should be no issues with Port Forwarding. Try it with Hamachi first, and see if it works. You can work out the port forwarding later. 

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/licensing/codemeter-software-protection-for-graphisoft-products/codemeter-server-setup-guide/

Let me know if you are running into issues again. 

1 hour ago, pvtkramer said:

I believe the part of the wiki info on License Sharing that says: "if they own more than one license" is not detailed enough.

if I have one license on the dongle, one person can borrow it to play SB but, I can't also have SB running because that would use the one license and, there would be none for my friend to borrow.

Well you can always edit the Wiki to read something like "You can share a license but for you and your friend to play concurrently, you'll need to own more than one license. If you only have one license and you share it, then either you or your friend can play but not both."

That's the good thing about a Wiki, the Community can edit it, it doesn't fall to one person to make all the edits.

Edited by Gibsonm

On 2/13/2017 at 11:46 PM, Gibsonm said:

Well you can always edit the Wiki to read something like "You can share a license but for you and your friend to play concurrently, you'll need to own more than one license. If you only have one license and you share it, then either you or your friend can play but not both."

That's the good thing about a Wiki, the Community can edit it, it doesn't fall to one person to make all the edits.

The only problem with this solution is that the Wiki cannot be freely edited. I cannot even sign up for an account, for example. 

6 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

The only problem with this solution is that the Wiki cannot be freely edited. I cannot even sign up for an account, for example. 

You just "login" using the same details you use to login here.

You don't need a special/separate account to edit the Wiki. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

34 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

You just "login" using the same details you use to login here.

You don't need a special/separate account to edit the Wiki. :)

Negative. I tried logging in before posting. My username does not work, and there is no password recovery sent to my email address. 

OK, so since editing the Wiki isn't as straight forward as I'd thought, I've edited the section to now read:

Whilst there is "no demo" for SB Pro PE you can setup to "borrow" a license from someone else, You can share a license but for you and your friend to play concurrently (at the same time), you'll need to own more than one license. If you only have one license and you share it, then either you or your friend can play but not both. A given USB stick for SB Pro PE can have one primary and up to seven secondary licenses - so in theory a stick can support eight machines.

I hope that clarifies things.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Administrators

At one point the wiki and the forum were directly tied together.  Somewhere along the line, that broke and the existing users of the wiki continued to be users, but new sign ups were no longer added to the wiki system.  So - if you would like to edit the wiki drop me a pm and I will set you up!