Beginner start up

Fred Williams

Purchased Steel Beast the sim game received my license and waiting for my Code Meter Stick. Want to start playing right away. I would like to learn the ins and outs of the game first so i thought a solo mission would be best. My question is can i play the game without my stick ? they said it could take up to 4-12 days for delivery. I was informed that i could play while waiting for my delivery. I purchase Pro 4.0 iv'e been looking at the Forums and saw start up about AI and gunnery range to get familiar with the M1A1 tank that would be nice if i could ? I also uploaded the my Team Speak can you please help me. 

Fred,

So as I understand it, whilst you are waiting for the dongle, you have access to a time limited "bridging" license. So "yes" you can play while waiting for your dongle to arrive.

Can I strongly recommend that you visit here first: 

You can certainly do the gunnery range, but after that I'd suggest following a set of tutorials for one vehicle.

However I'd review that thread before you just play a scenario as you are likely to get very frustrated/confused if you just jump straight in.

While you mention "4.0" can I also suggest you update to 4.010 as that is the current "standard", and you'll need to be running that to play with/against others.

Edited by Gibsonm

On 20/02/2017 at 0:58 PM, Fred Williams said:

I also uploaded the my Team Speak can you please help me.

Hey Fred regarding TeamSpeak (TS), theres some info on multiplayer groups/ Virtual Units and their respective TS details here; http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/ 

The Steel Beasts community TS site's address is; 216.22.24.158   This is where the weekly TGIF meeting takes place. See you on the battlefield soon hopefully :)

Cheers