Misfire

Fred Williams

25 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

My Question is do you have to buy Win Zip to get MODS or Tutorial or any downloads in this game ?

No. There are plenty of free alternatives to WinZip, like IZArc or 7-Zip, for example. I think Windows might also have a program that extracts .zip files as well.

29 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

can i play the game without my code meter stick i;m still waiting for it in the mail. i guess what i;m saying is i really don;t no how to play this game. thanks for any suggestions. 

25 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

I paid over 125$ to get this game and so far all i got was to talk to you 

Fred sorry but what are you talking about???

I've already replied to this same question in your other thread, some 3 hours ago:

We can't really help you if you don't read the replies to your posts?!

Edited by Gibsonm

Sorry. i'm really frustrated. where do I begin? My question to start with is how do I start playing? i've uploaded team speak and not sure where to go from there. how to connect with steel beast server? Or is that what I should do? I'm a combat vet, tanker actually, and i'm new to computers. yes, not everyone knows how to use computers! In fact, my wife is typing this for me. This sim game is what i've wanted to play for a long time and i saved up to get my computer but am not completely fluent. sorry about the bad first impression, would love any feedback! this is not World of Tanks.

8 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

Sorry. i'm really frustrated. where do I begin? My question to start with is how do I start playing? i've uploaded team speak and not sure where to go from there. how to connect with steel beast server? Or is that what I should do? I'm a combat vet, tanker actually, and i'm new to computers. yes, not everyone knows how to use computers! In fact, my wife is typing this for me. This sim game is what i've wanted to play for a long time and i saved up to get my computer but am not completely fluent. sorry about the bad first impression, would love any feedback! this is not World of Tanks.

Did you get you steelbeasts running? (found the one month licence in your mail? )

If yes, I suggest you first try out the shooting range for different vehicle. (mouse and keyboard control works OK, I  like to use a Joystick)

You should also check the "controls" menue, to see what function is attached to what keybinding. And you can also modify it to your liking.

The best times to connect to the teamspeak, is for example on friday nights in north america. Also the 1st CAD practices on wednesdays?(don't know for sure, I play on european times) The server is ONLY up when a game is running, you'll receive the IP when in TS...by that time there will also be someone around to talk you trough the connection issues.

14 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

PS: if you life on west-coast time, Mark Gibson is running the BG-anzac games from Australia....its thursday morning for me, but might be Ok for your time zone.

Again, meet on the TS time announced at the multy-player subforum.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/11330-bg-anzac-23-feb-0830gmt-with-teamviewer-support/

There will be also players around to help ya.

And lastly...when I have my kids in bed...I can be up in TS too...which would be in 1,5 hours approx...

26 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

And one more:

You'll find the TS server for Steelbeasts here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/

Right side of the page...

3 hours ago, Fred Williams said:

Right, so in order:

Teamspeak is not required to use SB. It is required if you want to use multi-player (however as suggested previously you might want to learn a little about the simulation [i.e. do some of the built in Tutorials and the Firing Range] before jumping in to multi-player).

You only need access to a server for multi-player. Tutorials, Firing Range and single player scenarios (aka "offline session") do not require access to a server.

Once you are happy with single player then come to the "Multiplayer Engagements" thread and look for a session in a timeslot convenient to you.

You are correct, this is not World of Tanks - there is no 24/7 server.

Once you get past this intro period - part of the reason why I wrote the "Starter Pack" - http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack you should find things a lot easier.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks for your support i found the tutorial for the M1 Gunnery Basic i'm going to make a manual out of it to have on hand for easy access. I was on  a M1A2 main battle tank everything in the tutorial i'm seeing about the basic gunnery and advanced gunnery is all Deja Vu to me i spent many years in one. Thanks again hope to see you in battle after i get up to speed.I will be doing all the tutorial's i can do for now. 

Just remember (and this maybe linked to your earlier request about WinZip, etc.) that SB comes with its own built in Tutorials.

Its a discrete menu choice and within that you can choose a vehicle and within the vehicle choice there are a range of topics, each covered by a mission.

You don't specifically need to download any specific tutorial files to get started.

I'd also suggest you print off the keyboard layout PDF file that is in the Documents sub folder. This will provide a reminder as to what most keys do. Of course if you change the key mapping, the PDF will no longer be current. 

Edited by Gibsonm

34 minutes ago, Fred Williams said:

Thanks again for your help and for the heads up on the PDF file i have a quick question can you get Team Yankee through Steel Beast is it separate do you have to purchase it separate thanks again 

If you mean Team Yankee as a totally separate piece of software, then no. eSim doesn't sell anything called "Team Yankee".

If you want Steel Beasts scenarios based on the Team Yankee book, then yes as per Greny's post you can find some in the "Downloads" section.

Then you just need to:

1. Download them.

2. "UnZip" them if compressed.

3. Put the uncompressed file into a folder on a path similar to:

C:\Users\mark\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios\downloads (replace "mark" with your username - sorry no idea where Windows 10 puts things if you are running that).

4. Then in Steel Beasts launch an "offline session" and open the file that should be in the downloads folder (assuming you followed Step 3 above).

8 hours ago, Fred Williams said:

Thanks again for your help and for the heads up on the PDF file i have a quick question can you get Team Yankee through Steel Beast is it separate do you have to purchase it separate thanks again 

If in regards to Steel Beasts missions similar to Team Yankee, yes; see the above two posts.

If in regards to the book, try Amazon. The reprint seems to have some issues with editing, so you might want to see if they have an older copy available. 

If it is in regards to the new Battlefront Miniatures game, then you would be best off checking it out here: http://www.team-yankee.com

Is there another "Team Yankee" you are thinking of?