Tank Range Crash

NawlinsVoodoo

Hello everyone, FNG here. I have had SB from years ago and loaded it back on to my laptop, Windows 10. Using SB Pro PE 2.251. I d/l'd all the correct files to get it running. When I try to run TANK RANGE, I select a tank and it goes to load screen then crashes. Instant Action and all other missions work fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

NawlinsVoodoo

• Members

Given that the thing is ten years old, it could be one of those bugs that we fixed in the meantime. Don't know what else to say here, to be honest. With the latest version we could have a look at the crash dump file and see in which module it crashed, and eventually fix a bug. But a lot of the mechanisms that we're using now for error analysis we didn't use a decade ago (we were young and naive and didn't know better).

So, well, that's all I can say. Not trying to pressure you into upgrading to the latest version, but the reality is that our possibilities to render effective customer support are limited by the sheer age of the version. At the very least you should upgrade to version 2.370, which is available near the bottom of our Downloads page.

18 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Update to 4.010 would be 40$

Be careful.

I think there is a limit to how far back the $40 option goes.

I think you need to:

1. First update to that intermediate version (whatever the number is).

2. Then update from there to 4.010.

I'm unsure if 2.370 is before or after that change over point (hence why I didn't specify a number).

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

To upgrade from before version 2.5, choose the "old version upgrade" option in our web shop. It sells, however, for $80.-

My recommendation therefore is to play the old version for a while until you're certain that you like what you see - in which case, I'm pretty certain about that, you'll like the current version even better.

• Members
14 hours ago, NawlinsVoodoo said:

so if I upgrade to 2.370 (4.010?), do I have to pay for anything.

No. Version 2.370 is free for you. Theoretically you could also play version 2.4, but in order to install the latest 2.4 version an installation disk is needed, and those are out of stock for about seven years now.