Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

12Alfa

12Alfa back in the father land

28 posts in this topic

Hi ya all.

Made it to Hohenfels Germany and it seems i got internet. So I can keep a close watch on all of ya from over here, hehe.:cul:

Good flight (long). Weather better (hot) than the east coast of Canada,will report on any thing of value if required.

Play safe.

12Alfa

Awards

See if you can pad out your stay to encompass Oktoberfest. My liver will join you there, if only vicariously.

Shot

Awards

See if you can pad out your stay to encompass Oktoberfest.

Which is actually held in September, for some reason only ze Deutschlanders know about.

The Octoberfest ends with the beginning of October, it's to celebrate the end of the harvesting season. Now that our national day is October 3rd, the day of the reunification, it usually gets extended until the first weekend in October.

Now that sounds like my kind of country.

MORE FREE BEER!!!

(Well, cheaper BEER for longer)

Good Beer!

No beer for us hard working cimic Operators.

Really though, little time for any free time at all, been busy with a lot of inf training, kit issue and attending or giving briefings. And oh ya the PT (it's over rated don't ya know):biggrin:.

Having fun learning a lot, and who says a old dog can not learn new tricks:cul:

Our FOB is dry and i can only dream of beer for now, don't think we will get any time off

Awards

well it's a nice country I was stationed there for a few years but I was unable to compete in the tanklimpics :(

CIMIC and PT? Those are two acronyms that you don't see together too often.

ACRONYMS!!!, Not only do I have our armies to remember, but all the others, (Brits, Ger,Ausi, Kiwe, and the good ol' U s of Aye).:decu:

Been another busy week, Pt is gettin less as we do more combat missions and that time is now taking up in prep time.

Still no beer!!:frown: did see some M60's though...Hummmmmm tanks....

Banner.jpg.6dc0e57a098ed62aa37641510ef9c

Banner.jpg.6dc0e57a098ed62aa37641510ef9c

Awards

Shouldn't that read "ABCANZ"?

One would think so, however it has been explained to me "we are a combined unit" or "we are just guests".:redface:

We started the simulated training today, miles etc. Got to do my thing and some Inf stuff.Seem to be fitting in to the plt rather well.

A armoured trained CIMIC sgt working within a LAVII Plt using hummer gun trucks, dosen't get more weird than that now does it.:confused:

Seen A-10's F-16's and German (i think) Typhoons today over head.

:shocked:

stay safe!

Awards

A few weeks ago I was in West Virginia and I was near a Navy base and a Eurofighter flew over us along with an F/A-18

A few weeks ago I was in West Virginia and I was near a Navy base and a Eurofighter flew over us along with an F/A-18

Seen more of those today and I think they are watching me with a RQ-5 Hunter unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) . It seemed to be all over the place, and has a distinct sound and rear tail system.:eek2:

Edited by 12Alfa
lack of sleep/beer

Awards

Greetings all,

Reference picture of the RQ-5 Hunter.

Later ..... 9erRed

hunteruav.jpg.f4f881c3fd5a7df2afb196722e

56e83c6ddaba0_hunterRQ5.gif.0fca46f71a87

hunteruav.jpg.f4f881c3fd5a7df2afb196722e

56e83c6ddaba0_hunterRQ5.gif.0fca46f71a87

Edited by 9erRed
Added 2nd pic.

Awards

Seen more of those today and I think they are watching me with a RQ-5 Hunter unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) . It seemed to be all over the place, and has a distinct sound and rear tail system.:eek2:

The woods have eyes!:eek2:yea now in days you can't really go anywhere with out being watched

Too bad, hope they give you a day or 2 of for some beer.

Have fun at Hohenfels...to bad its more then 500 km away from my place

It's a good thing I dropped in here and read this before dropping your name for a project here in Gagetown!

Let me know when you're home.

It's a good thing I dropped in here and read this before dropping your name for a project here in Gagetown!

Let me know when you're home.

Hi ya Brad

Ya I'm looking at being home in Canada around the 15th or so.:biggrin:

Awards