Low memory problem

mpow66m

Ok so i keep getting a low memory warning all of the sudden,this happens mostly when i play SB,but occurrs other times also causing the comp to shut down.Its a new comp and this just started....and ideas how to remedy.Also i lost some SCE i was holding on to for about 1.6 yrs until the inf improved.Any way of geeting them back?

thnx

Mike

• Members

Since it is a new computer, and since we haven't heard of this before, I suspect that this is more of an issue with the new computer. Maybe there's a faulty memory module in it, or it's something else. Hard to say, but that's where I'd start my investigation.

:o

9 hours ago, mpow66m said:

...but occurrs other times also causing the comp to shut down.Its a new comp and this just started....and ideas how to remedy.Also i lost some SCE i was holding on to for about 1.6 yrs until the inf improved.Any way of geeting them back?...

You can test your mem with some utils like "Aida64" There you can stress your mem/system and check for errors... (Tools--System Stability Test) 

Good luck!

I had this once, for me it turned out that at some point the system pagefile had been set to a fixed size which was less than the amount of RAM installed. You could check your pagefile settings, which are buried under - control panel - system - advanced - performance - advanced - virtual memory, probably best to have it set to System Managed Size.

DBoy

You should actually make it 1,5 to 2 times the amount of your physical ram i always make it 2 times and also make the initial and max size the same so it dont grov which it tends to do While it is NOT needed  it also insures That it wont get defraged and you Can put it on a drive That is NOT the os and game drive

i personally  have an ssi 64 GB drive for it they are vers cheap

sorry abort any spelling and formating mistankes but i am on an iPad at work and it changes betjene Danish and english spell checker and formating and sometimes just when i Press Enter

MD