"Reload All" working correctly?

Rangoon

I thought I understood the reload function, but maybe not. Just finished a battle where I expended one SABOT and 4 or 5 HEAT. I am TC, sitting internal, hit reload all. I see the green message flashing that it's reloading SABOT (8|17). Other than showing white solid messages the few times I switched between F1, F2, F4, and F5 views, it's still just flashing that same message and not making progress after a few in-game minutes (tried sitting there with time compression on for a bit, noting no change). Am I missing a prameter here that's inhibiting the relaod? Tank isn't moving. M1A1.

EDIT: I tried unbuttoning and suddenly it made progress. TC must unbutton to allow loader to reload? All I saw in the manual was that some vehicles must orient turret a certain way, but I assume if that was the case in the M1 the AI gunner would handle that part. 

Edited by Rangoon

If you select the ammunition nature (by default using Insert, Delete, Home, etc.) you will find which ammunition is reloading.

So if you are reloading and have APFSDS selected but the HEAT is being reloaded (because you've used most of it) then the APFSDS numbers wont change. Switch to HEAT and you will see those numbers change.

Once HEAT is reloaded the APFSDS number will tick over.

All the while "Reloading" will be flashing to tell you that reloading is underway, you just need to cycle through the natures to see which specific one is being reloaded.

Edited by Gibsonm

IIRC, when you do "Reload all", you can tell the loader to prioritize an ammunition type for a short while...

From what I remember if I tell my loader "Reload all" and then "Reload Sabot", he will start reloading all, and perhaps start with HEAT, then when I say Reload Sabot he reloads some Sabot, before then going on to reload everything else.

If you just say "Reload sabot", he'll load sabot, then sit down and have a coffee break.