BG ANZAC - 09 MAR 0830GMT (with TeamViewer support)

Gibsonm

Who is BG ANZAC? http://www.bganzac.org

Described here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=21753

A couple of examples of the BattleGroup at work:

Multi Player session:

Training session:

So if you are interested, visit our web site http://www.bganzac.org and sign up.

Timings: Thursday evenings, Australian time.

So Daylight Saving has kicked in here and for the next 6 months the country is broken up into yet more time zones.

Next meeting: 0830 GMT on Thursday, March 9th.

0830 in London

1630 in Perth

1800 in Darwin

1900 in Adelaide

1930 in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra

1830 in Brisbane

2130 in Auckland

Local time for your part of the world

This may need to be adjusted given the late start in NZ, perhaps moving to 0800 GMT?

So a work around: Mission will start promptly at 0830 GMT. If you want a pre game "chat" then by all means come on line at say 0800 GMT, but so that the Kiwi's aren't after Midnight the Mission will commence promptly at 0830 GMT.

Count down: Time to Meeting start

We continue the use of TeamViewer so people without the Steel Beasts software can connect and see and hear what we see and hear (looking over our shoulder if you like).

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx?pid=google.tv.s.au&gclid=CPLOveOGlcECFVgkvQodqk0A4g

This maybe a suitable vehicle for people to see what the software is all about, without having to invest in even a short time limited copy.

Anyway we'll see how it goes.

Agenda:

As always depends on sign ups but:

1. We'll have probably the last Chong Ju solution (trace below). So far we have had three "workable" solutions to the problem and the standard has been good.

31886505964_4b93e8b739_o.png

If people are bored with the current one I have a version 2 file of the original and a "not so easy" option, which we can use if you like.

Please Note: A plan file that you have built for the original will not work with either of these newer ones, so if you want to use your plan file, we must use the original scenario. Or you can get one of the newer ones and "update" your plan to suit.

2. If there isn't enough for "Chong Ju", then we'll look at an alternate scenario.

3. Scope for Q & A / Tutorial session - again depends on responses and if people come ready to ask questions.

As always, visitors / first timers / spectators are welcome.

Current Standard: 4.010

Please use the new Calendar RSVP function or post here to facilitate planning.

8645220092_f770f85007.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

If you mean "not so easy" or "Ver 2.0", you'll need the latest version of the scenario (updated it yesterday to include some new fangled AFV crewman skins).

Nah, I meant rerunning the original, but with a plan that didn't bypass the breach like I did in my original run-through. A dinkum attempt.

I look forward to catching up on TeamSpeak at 2100 NZDT tomorrow night.

I thought I'd get ahead of the game with a trace and draft critical tasks for subordinate units (may still change).

58bfcc105be55_CHONGJUtrace.thumb.jpg.fffe439ed2a81f188895a731841fd54a.jpg

Tasks to subordinate units:

V41A

Establish covert mounted OP at GR 231 104. Identify enemy units in OBJ 1 (use 'Shift' + 'Ctrl' (Lase)). Return fire only.

Establish covert dismounted OP with Javelin team at GR 225 116. Identify enemy units north-side of OBJ 2 (use 'Shift' + 'Ctrl' (Lase)). Destroy identified enemy units once T11 commences firing.

When I21 and I22 firm on RL DRAGOON, consolidate at OP V41E and proceed to Support By Fire (SBF) position on RL DRAGOON. Be prepared to support assault and clearance of north-side of OBJ 2 by I21 or I22.  

T11

Assault to Attack By Fire (ABF) position and suppress OBJ 1 with direct fires. Priority of targets: T-80, BTR-80, Armoured Engineering Vehicle, bunkers, infantry.

Over watch T12A and E71 during conduct of minefield breach and I21 and I22 during assault and clearance of OBJ 1.

Advance via south side of OBJ 1 to RL DRAGOON. Be prepared to assault and clear south-side of OBJ 2 on order to BASALT.

T12A

Assault to checkpoint 51 and commence breach of minefield.

After successful breach proceed to SBF position and suppress OBJ 1 with direct fires. Priority of targets: T-80, BTR-80, Armoured Engineering Vehicle, bunkers, infantry.

Allow I21 to pass through for assault on OBJ 1. When I21 and I22 commence assault on OBJ 1, follow and provide intimate support. Clear any local barriers obstructing advance of assault force.

E71

Breach Force commander.

Follow 500 metres behind T12A to checkpoint 51.

Proof breach made by T12A and position a vehicle at entry and exit to breach vicinity checkpoints 51 and 52.

Upon proof of breach, confirm success and GR of breach entry to OC.

Guide and coordinate traffic through breach.

I21 / I22

When T12A reaches checkpoint 52, assault to checkpoint 51.

When E71 confirms breach proofed, proceed through breach in order I21, I22.

Proceed to GRANITE. I21 north of centre and I22 south of centre.

On order, assault and clear OBJ 1 to RL DRAGOON. T12A will provide intimate support and clear any local barriers obstructing advance.

Consolidate on RL DRAGOON.

Be prepared for I21 or I22 to assault and clear north-side of OBJ 2 to BASALT. V41 will provide support by fire.

T12

Combat Team reserve.

Be prepared to reinforce T11 or T12A on order.

I28

Be prepared to recover and repair any immobilised or damaged vehicles.

Be prepared to recover any immobilised vehicles from minefield, including breach.

CHONG JU trace.jpg

12 minutes ago, Panzer_Leader said:

I look forward to catching up on TeamSpeak at 2100 NZDT tomorrow night.

Just to clarify ....

2100 NZDT is for a special "pre meeting" meeting for a sub set of the main group.

The main Meeting will still start at 0830 GMT / 2130 NZDT.

Just in case someone thought we'd brought the start time forward.

Good roll up last night.

Our resident Mech Inf guy who has been away for the last nine weeks (and has missed the previous attempts) was duly impressed by the standards achieved.

Unsure but I suspect Duke will do a screenshot AAR in due course.

After this, we'll look at a "not so easy" version as an extension class.

9 hours ago, D u k e said:

Another great write-up D u k e, it's always nice re-living our Thursday night outing through your AARs :)  I admit, the competition between I21 and I22 to disable a call sign in the breach lane was intense!