Joystick/Mouse Questions

rykirk

Hey guys,

First post, I finally bit the bullet and bought a year license to try the game out after watching everyone else playing on youtube for a few years. I'm a tank and modern warfare fanatic and I'm already hooked just working through some of the tutorials. 

I'm doing the T-72M tutorials because I just love that tank.  So far so good on the gunnery, except for my joystick control.  Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity on the joystick in game somewhere? I couldn't find it, and my joystick is an old no name one that seems like it's 'plug and play'...I can't find drivers or an app anywhere on my PC to adjust the stick input that way.  Most of the flight sims I play have sensitivity adjustment in the game.   It's working pretty well right now, but it's just a tad twitchy and I'm having a hard time laying it smoothly onto smaller points, like vehicles over 2000m etc.  

My second question is how to make mouse control work for the gunner controls?  It's recognizing my mouse input, as I can use that to control the view, click on the sights, fire, laze, etc. But how to I actually move the turret/gun sight with the mouse?  I was thinking if I can't tune my joystick I could at least use my mouse to fine tune my aim or something.

Thanks for any help!

• Members

Re. mouse control, left-click once to take control of the sight (/turret) movement, click left once more to switch over to mouse control.

No adjustment for your joystick, however, I'm sorry. We're already applying a response function that reduces joystick input response sensitivity near the center point, but of course if the signal itself is noisy there isn't much that we can do. If you want very high precision at a comparatively moderate price point (other than using the mouse), you may want to consider the Thrustmaster T.16000M. I'm far from declaring this as "the" officially endorsed reference model; eSim Games does not recommend specific hardware. Still, I heard that other people on this forum are happy with that choice.

Your mileage may vary.

Mouse still wouldn't work when I tried again, but after a reboot it's started working.  Maybe it was some kind of USB conflict?  Anyway, between the mouse and joystick I'm all set now and finished my T-72 training.  Gonna go dig through the files section for some scenarios to test her out. 

• 9 months later...