Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Major duck

Sunday 26th of March "Operation Tomahawk Resolve" By Apocalypse31

Posted (edited)

Sunday 26th of March "Operation Tomahawk Resolve" By Apocalypse31

When: Sunday 26th of March 1800 UTC

Where: Kanium TS ( teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 )

World Clock:  World Clock

OPS Daylight saving Change so 1800 UTC OPS

m5bQmkJ.png

TASK FORCE TOMAHAWK
2-23 INFANTRY (STRYKER)
OPORD 24-01
OPERATION TOMAHAWK RESOLVE

1. SITUATION

a. General Situation.
A foreign armed, anti-government militia has seized the territory around the village of Luba. Recent reports indicate that they have total control over the local population, and are committing acts of genocide in support of a campaign to ethnically cleanse the region.

Simultaneously, the 40th BTG (who is supporting the militia) has postured forces along our western border and is ready to attack to seize the provincial capital of Okyo. The enemy believes that this province is theirs, and they see their attack as "Gods will", and a way to "take back the ground that God gave them".

Task Force Tomahawk, a United States Stryker Rifle Battalion, reinforced with a Danish Tank Company has been deployed to the province to bring stability to the area and defeat elements of the 40th BTG, should they attack across the international boundary.

Host nation security forces have been defeated in the province, but still maintain a limited presence at security checkpoints in the AO. They uniform consits of a dark camouflage with red berets. Their forces are demoralized and have taken high casualties, but their total annihilation was avoided and they are still a significant factor in this fight.

b. Enemy

i - El'Kaim Militia (EKM). EKM is an illegally armed militia group, that is supported by foreign forces to destabilize the country. They are armed with small arms and RPGs, but also have access to recoiless rifles, IEDs, mines, and mortars. EKM currently controls the area around Luba and will fight to retain their control.

ii - 40 BTG. The 40th BTG is a subordinate of the 4th Division and is staged near the border, preparing for a cross-border attack. They are equipped with T-72M1 tanks, BMP-2's, and also have access to limited Mi-8 sorties to support their movement. We anticipate that the 40th will launch their attack across the border once we commit forces to clear the area around Luba. The BTG strength is unknown, but we know from recent Human Intelligence reporting that they are somewhere around 50% strength.

2. MISSION
2-23 IN attacks to clear Luba from EKM fighters, to bring stability to the region. On order, 2-23 IN defends the border area against 40 BTG attacks.

3. EXECUTION
a. Purpose. The purpose of this operation is to bring stability to the province by eliminating the threat of illegal militia groups and external aggression.

b. Key Tasks
1. Clear Luba of EKM
2. Block the 40th BTG from capturing OKYO
3. Do not cross the International Border

c. End State
i. Terrain. Luba seized and Okyo is retained.
ii. Friendly: Friendly forces have seized OBJ ADAMS and are postured for future operations
ii. Enemy: EKM have been cleared from Luba and the 40th BTG has been defeated, unable to seize Okyo.
iii. Civilian: No disruption to the civilian way of life.

d. Fires
BN Mortar Platoon (4x 120mm tubes)
Direct Support Artillery (2x 155mm Howitzers)
A Co. Mortars (2x 120mm tubes)

Notes
-The Fire Support Vehicles have a Mini UAV
-The 2x Stryker Rifle Platoons are equipped with LMGs/Javelins - this is so that they are playable.
- Do not cross the international boundary - that's gamey and your vehicles will die (penalty zone)

VCaLzif.png

Edited by Major duck

Posted (edited)

Manninglist:

BTN Command Sect

HQ66 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Apocalypse31 (Kanium,US)

HQ51 (FSO w/ 4x Mortar tracks) (Stryker TACP): Duke (Kanium,DE)

A COY Command Sect

A66 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Grenny/Ronin (Kanium/911,DE)

A65 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

A51 (FSO w/ 2x Mortar tracks) (Stryker TACP):

A1 (Stryker Rifle) PLT

A11 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

A12 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Rambler (Kanium,US)

A13 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): peXmo (Kanium,SE)

A14 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Wiglif (Kanium,US)

A2 (Stryker Rifle) PLT

A21 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): 2-pies (Kanium/1CAD,UK)

A22 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): Short & Sweet (Kanium,UK)

A23 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): 

A24 (Stryker + Javelin + M240/GPMG): DBoy (Kanium,UK)

A3 (MGS [Centauro])

A31 (Stryker MGS): Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

A32 (Stryker MGS):

A34 (Stryker MGS):

B COY Command Sect

B66 CO (Leo 2A5DK1):

B65 XO (Leo 2A5DK1):

B51 (FSO) (Stryker TACP):

B1 (Leo2A5A1) PLT

B11 (Leo 2A5DK1): Saint Chrisreb (Kanium,UK)

B12 (Leo 2A5DK1): Connaugh (DOW,US)

B14 (Leo 2A5DK1):

B2 (Leo2A5A1) PLT

B21 (Leo 2A5DK1): Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

B22 (Leo 2A5DK1):

B24 (Leo 2A5DK1): Staneth (?,US)

Engineer PLT (Fuchs Sapper & AEV)

E11 (Fuchs ENG): 

E14 (Fuchs ENG):

No Show:

Zaphod (Kanium/1CAD,CAN)

Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

Edited by Major duck
Manninglist edited

I'll take a Stryker and a leadership position.

In the meantime, I'll just check out the local African bars. What could possibly go wrong?

Posted (edited)

hmmm, looks like I have to reinstall my african rebell with red beret:).

I take the "gypsy artillery".

cheers

D u k e

Edited by D u k e

19 hours ago, Major duck said:

c. End State
i. Terrain. Luba seized and Okyo is retained.
ii. Friendly: Friendly forces have seized OBJ ADAMS and are postured for future operations
ii. Enemy: EKM have been cleared from Luba and the 40th BTG has been defeated, unable to seize Okyo.
iii. Civilian: No disruption to the civilian way of life.

Good luck with that last one. 

:P

I  will be missing the game and you . I am almost crying.

Good game, everyone. 

My comments from the AAR:

1. Good work with the artillery - very effective against OPFOR, especially early on. You denied all key terrain from us, and we had a tough time observing/engaging your main body. 

2. A2 had a great assault in vicinity of the minefield - their use of dismounted infantry in combination with their Strykers was great.

3. A2's assault helped shaped a successful breach - OPFOR was isolated from the breach site - we lost visual contact with it, and had BLUE units north before we realized a breach had occurred. 

4. MGS Platoon did a great job supporting the attack with lethal direct fire. You made it to the #1 spot on our High Value Target list very quickly. 

The only two improves that were observed:

1. The tempo was too slow in the first hour of play - probably what cost you the game in the end (although, I'd still score this one as a win). If you had used the mass and firepower of the entire company, mixed with a faster tempo, you would've easily overwhelmed OPFOR. It seemed like you were being overly cautious, and by doing so you allowed OPFOR to control the tempo & control the fight. 

2. The piecemeal attacks towards the beginning of the main assault played into the OPFOR defense, and we were able to easily engage BLUE units. Once your units started to use mass, OPFOR had a harder time picking targets (every time we fired a round, we had 3 rounds coming at us)

Nice summary thanks - great to hear the battle from the other side.

I'm still editing the video from last Sunday's game. Here is the action that took place during the last 20 minutes with the flank attack.