Gameplay without the dust-trail

frankiekam

Hi All

I've managed to modify the palette of SteelBeasts Legacy's Europe.act file. Now the game colors are bright, saturated, vivid, fun and oh so unrealistic. Almost Mario-like. Like a 1980s and 1990s 8-bit console game. Or should I say like the original M1 Tank Platoon. See screenies. The only problem is the dust trail. My modified palette is to blame for this. The dust trail looks fine with the stock, default palette, but with my modified palette of saturated colours, the dust effect now looks awful. Once the smoke rises above the road, it paints the background behind in in glaring colours. For example, if a tree behind the dust is green, the trees appears in super-bright green. I've tried to adjust the tint and colors, but for the time being I am removing the dust trail by copying over all smoke bitmap (.BMP) files with a 2x2 pixel width BMP file. Yes I know, it's pathetic.

So my question is this: how will my gameplay be affected now that the tanks do not leave behind a dust trail when travelling on roads and desert area?

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Yes these are the actual in-game colours of my SB1 now. I thought I'd suspend reality and just go with an artistic license to re-colour the game.

boom.JPG

Edited by frankiekam

I suspect no one will be able to help you since:

- Most of us stop playing the legacy software 10+ years ago.

- Ssnake has already said they don't provide support.

You are of course welcome to pursue your project but you are now asking for help after being told none would be available.

6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

I suspect no one will be able to help you since:

- Most of us stop playing the legacy software 10+ years ago.

- Ssnake has already said they don't provide support.

to add a third tier to this

- these mods just arent worthwhile to analyze even if people still were using steel beasts; frankie, its odd that you say the dust effects look ugly but proceed to paint the vehicle skins to look incoherent and adjust the color palette to look like the tint is out of balance. its along the lines of 'hey guys, i've replaced the sound effects with the bleeps and pings to sound like early hand held arcade games, i've replaced the bush textures to look like ice cream, because it makes no sense, it's fun!' at least greevil's mods were actually a bit funny in small doeses, i don't feel this, but to each his own baby...