Media Files in Scenarios

This area has so much potential, while I know programming resources are limited and that would obviously invite that sort of response, here are are two ways to expand on this and scenarios become very realistic from the point of audio cues:

1) A repeat if condition in the events trigger menu, that is, in order to loop ambient sound effects for the duration of the scenario, e.g.- ambient battle sounds, crowd noises, alarms or some kind of background noise clutter which can be re-sampled over and over without necessarily attaching it to a specific event to trigger it each time.

2) A bit more complicated to explain- some way of localizing sound effects, so for instance, if I were to simulate a crowd of civilians in a busy town, the din of the crowd wouldn't be heard universally anywhere on the map, but local within a particular region (Doppler effect, sound fading with distance). I suppose the user would have to specify within the scenario editor the radius the sound sample dampens.

And decouple the sound from the player: The sound effect is always attached to the player, so the sound level gives the impression it's always inside the user's vehicle as well as if being piped in by the vehicle's communication system, so it shouldn't be if you're buttoned up you hear the same sound effect at the same volume (or at all) inside or outside the vehicle in the 'sound effect area. '

This the area of Steel Beasts that hasn't kept up with the quality of everything else (which has gotten very very good over the last iterations): not the quality of the sounds, but the physics. Environments are too quiet. Still, I figure this is no easy addition to do this kind, but easily worth it from the point of view of a simulation to cue players, add confusion, and so on.

Edited by Captain_Colossus