Kingtiger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

This: 

Fixed bug #3717; for all Leopard family tanks the mouse wheel now adjusts the range scale on the auxiliary sight

:D

And this:

Fixed bug #4687; it is now safe to tow other vehicles from any end, with any end

Now this next one - Reminds me of Nils saying: "Aha! A negligent discharge of a 120mm cannon." - ITEC 2010

Fixed bug #4706; BMP-2s will no longer accidentally negligently fire the missile while the player controls the primary sight

Fixed bug #5226; sniper rifle sounds will now fade over distance

Fixed bug #5240; screwed on crew soldiers' heads more thoroughly  -  LoL

Fixed bug #5247, where particles continued to get generated even after it had been, in Bill Paxton’s words, “GAME OVER, MAN!”

- Ahem PFC William Hudson.  I wonder when the infantry will get S.H.A.R.P sticks?

Groot's Nemsis.

Edited by Hedgehog

Downloading now. Thanks eSim and Merry Easter everyone (if that's a thing?)!

EDIT: The release notes reveal an updated 3D model for the ASLAV-25. Boom-yah! Thanks eSim that's another tick off my personal Wish List...

I'll keep reading now :D

Edited by Panzer_Leader

2 things I have noticed so far:

- framerate is much better even in TIS view/urban setting

- did the lightning change in overall? To me things look much better as far as lighting is concerned. Or am I just seeing things...

Great release!

1 hour ago, daskal said:

2 things I have noticed so far:

- framerate is much better even in TIS view/urban setting

- did the lightning change in overall? To me things look much better as far as lighting is concerned. Or am I just seeing things...

Great release!

+1

great with all the fixes.

Still hope that gradually we will seen an improvement in graphics. Having a 12 core CPU@4.5Ghz + a 1080TI and getting 30fps is a shame. I appreciate the reality aspect of the sim (that's the primary reason I had Steel Beasts the last ten years or so) but hardly seeing any improvements in visuals is starting to be a shame. I think improving graphics could attract new gamers. Look at a game like Squad that managed to get crowdfunding and is quite successful now.

You must have something wrong in your configuration.  I have two machines, an HP Omen i7-7700 laptop with 1050 and an MSI Apache laptop with an i7-4720hq and an 850.  The HP runs about 3.5 GHz and the MSI is about 3.3.  On both, the benchmark settings never go below 32, even during the battle.  On average, the benchmark is around 44 for the HP and 42 for the MSI.  And this is running both laptops unoptimized.  I just shut down my work apps and start up SB.

I am also very doubtful better graphics are going to attract many new players.  If graphics are a primary concern, they are probably play ARMA 3.

35 minutes ago, thewood said:

You must have something wrong in your configuration.  I have two machines, an HP Omen i7-7700 laptop with 1050 and an MSI Apache laptop with an i7-4720hq and an 850.  The HP runs about 3.5 GHz and the MSI is about 3.3.  On both, the benchmark settings never go below 32, even during the battle.  On average, the benchmark is around 44 for the HP and 42 for the MSI.  And this is running both laptops unoptimized.  I just shut down my work apps and start up SB.

I am also very doubtful better graphics are going to attract many new players.  If graphics are a primary concern, they are probably play ARMA 3.

The ground cover is a real killer for framerates. Turning that up eats all the fps very quickly. 

I got hundreds of hours in ARMA 3 but it doesn't provide proper tank simulation. 

There she is, a thing of beauty, the new 3D model of an ASLAV 25:

58f0301559508_ASLAV25Phase2.thumb.jpg.27e926080d5dc164adfe1c36e530f785.jpg

Thanks eSim!  This will take BG ANZAC sessions to the next level of immersion. Two thumbs up from me :D 

EDIT:  It also has a basic 3D interior.  This gets better 'n' better.  Take a look!

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, inexus said:

The ground cover is a real killer for framerates. Turning that up eats all the fps very quickly. 

I got hundreds of hours in ARMA 3 but it doesn't provide proper tank simulation. 

Yes, the ground clutter performance is something we hope to improve. The easy solution is to turn the ground slider down to default in the mean time.

Mixed thoughts about this patch.

Things I like:

Performance is much better.

All the other stuff that was fixed and tweaked.

Y'all definitely did a great job with those things.

Things I dislike:

I really, really, really do not like the new lighting system. I'll leave it at that. It's extremely harsh and makes everything have a cyan hue. With post process on, the sky is a garish neon electric blue. The interior of the tanks look like crap because there's here's just way too much contrast between the highlights and shadows. Turning post process off smooths out the lighting, but it makes everything, including the world, darker. At high noon with the sun shining it looks like there's a thick overcast. Really weird. Hopefully this gets tweaked to look more natural. Lighting was much better in 4.010 than in 4.019 imo. Some screens showing what I'm seeing:

Ow my eyes. Make the burning stop. (PP On)

G8gcyGk.jpg

Ahhh thank you. Now where'd I put my flashlight. (PP Off)

U04Qpm1.jpg

Viewing the world with cyan tinted glasses. (PP On)

9l2FtHA.jpg

Who put a paper bag over the sun? (PP Off)

JNUHo7I.jpg

Edited by Rambler

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rambler said:

Things I dislike:

I really, really, really do not like the new lighting system. I'll leave it at that.

Only, you didn't leave it at that.  ;)

We respect your opinion, but in regards to the comparison with 4.010, to put it simply there wasn't much lighting there to be honest. It was mainly a lot of fudge and nothing really popped. High noon looked dreary, appearing as if you had sun glasses on at all times, and everything looked generally washed out and low contrast. Internally we really felt the difference when participating in 4.010 games after testing 4.019, the difference was literally night and day (in a good way, in our opinion) where the world was more vivid, and normals and speculars stood out much better, and shadows were darker, lighting was brighter (contrast existed where they was very little or none before). 

That said, 4.019 is by no means perfect, but it is felt that it is a step in the right direction for proper lighting and contrast. Feel free to turn off post processing effects though (its a slider), as this helps reduce just about everything you mention.

BTW, in your M1 interior image in 4.019, the commander's hatch is open. If it is closed then you wont get that bright light in there. I only mention this because the light source at the commanders hatch is something we will tweak as we go - it is a known item for improvement (interior lighting in general).

FWIW, I see comments like 'I like it but I hope you guys don't stop improving it', and now 'I hate it and I hope it is changed'  -- there is no reason to think that we are going to stop tweaking anything (for better or for worse). :P

14 hours ago, inexus said:

And that is kind of the point.

11 hours ago, Volcano said:

[...]

BTW, in your M1 interior image in 4.019, the commander's hatch is open. If it is closed then you wont get that bright light in there. I only mention this because the light source at the commanders hatch is something we will tweak as we go - it is a known item for improvement (interior lighting in general).

[...]

Please Volcano any chance to have some kind of flashlight or red lighting inside cockpits for night battles in the future? It can be nice if we can turn on/off some kind of local light inside there. If I not remember bad in the past I think that was an "engine no go" but with the actual updated stuff maybe that can be achieved in some way. Thanks! and happy with the nice update ^_^