New Player

Fred Williams

What would be the recommended playing time before a new player should try and hook up with a Unit and play with other moor experience players ? Or should new players learn all the single sce. first. and play against AI's. Then try and hook up with a Unit. Thanks for any input into this 

Fred,

Please read this section:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

"When" is up to you.

If you can spend 4 hours a day on the software then I'd say a day.

If you use it 1 hour ever week then maybe a few weeks.

Its a question of how confident you are.

If you have done say the M1 Tutorials then try to do a multi player M1 scenario so at least you are comfortable with the vehicle and only have to focus on the "extra" part of multi player.

Also, allow yourself 2-3 goes to feel comfortable in multiplayer.  I remember when I first joined multiplayer, after months of solo play, it was quite disorientating and it was probably only after the third time or so that I felt I "go it".  Now, multiplayer is probably the apex of the Steel Beasts gaming experience.

7 hours ago, Panzer_Leader said:

Also, allow yourself 2-3 goes to feel comfortable in multiplayer.  I remember when I first joined multiplayer, after months of solo play, it was quite disorientating and it was probably only after the third time or so that I felt I "go it".  Now, multiplayer is probably the apex of the Steel Beasts gaming experience.

I completely agree with Panzer_Leader

We offer a "New Guys/Virgin" training session where 2-3 guys go online with you and try teaching you and/or let you try out different ways of doing multiplayer including how you operate in a Platoon how you need to behave move around position your self etc... (because coming in to a game with 20-30 guys is way overwhelming at least it was for me)

We also recommend trying the different VUs because every one of them are a little different in their playstyle so shop around and find the one that fits your style and/or timezone.

The VU link http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/

MD 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DaleDavis67 said:

I am a potential new player here.  Can you recommend a time to listen-in on Team Speak to get an idea of how it is to play in the group? 

There are many TGIF multiplayer videos on Youtube: TGIF

You'll be able to hear everyone using TeamSpeak (well, at least one side's communications).