Creating unit template from existing scenario ORBAT

Panzer_Leader

Hi Folks

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I'm struggling to create my own unit templates from existing scenario ORBATs.  For example, I've finally found a map that allows me to recreate an engagement between U.S. Blue and British Orange forces during REFORGER 1987 Certain Strike south-west of SOLTAU that I've been wanting to do for ages.  I have two existing scenarios that have ~90% of both the U.S. and British organisations I need for this head-to-head but am struggling to create unit templates from them that would allow me to drop them straight into the new scenario, reducing total work by ~50%.  I found instructions from @Ssnake somewhere, associated with the 4.0 release, but following them didn't work (quite possibly due to "operator error").  Is there someone smarter than me who can provide simple step-by-step instructions for me to follow to create a unit template from units in an existing scenario, if possible?

Many thanks    

Panzer Leader,

Perhaps I can help:

1. Open the file in the Mission Editor.

2. Select the units you want in the Template.

3. Right click on selection - select "Save to Template".

4. Give it a useful name. E.g. "AS Tk Sqn 1980 Leo 1"

5. Save to location these are all stored in "C:\Users\username\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Unit Templates"

The default folders are stored here: C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\Unit Templates

6. I've put folders in there for AS, NZ, etc. so they don't get mixed up.

I intend to send you guys the OPFOR ORBATs I have from Rolling Thunder / Trg Scenarios so we have a standard RED outfit. Same same the AS Rifle coy, AS Mech Rifle Coy, AS Recon Sqn (tracked), AS Cav Sqn (ASLAV), etc.

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks for the prompt responses guys.  It still only works intermittently for me but what I think I was doing wrong is that the units I selected had tactics set.  To 'Save To Template' you may need to have Tactics set to 'None'.  Either way, I've now saved the units I wanted as templates.  This feature will save me a lot of time in future; thanks!

Cheers