Mini UAV

Swordsmandk

• Moderators
9 hours ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

A quick note, after testing for the wiki it appears that the UGV and m-UAV only work for mechanized troops.  When assigned to leg units, no joy.

Right, you have to assign the UAV / UGV to the PL unit of the leg unit (rifle platoon). Actually, you are not even allowed to give them to the squads - the selection will not show up, which is intentional, but you can give it to the rifle platoon's PL unit. It should work if you do that.

For mech units, you assign it the vehicle, but the vehicle's PL unit (if it has one) is the unit that is given the UAV/UGV.  

In both cases, it only is allowed (carried by) for the PL unit.

NOTE for all:

If a mech unit's vehicle is given a UAV/UGV and the unit has no PL unit, then the error is that the PL unit must be given to the vehicle - in which case someone should report that the command element is missing from the vehicle as a bug report in the support forum. I am sure there are some quite older vehicles that are missing command elements and the idea has always been that they will be added in time as those are discovered, or the vehicles are reworked.  I am not saying that someone has to scour the list of mech infantry vehicles to create a list of which ones are missing command elements, but just report them as they are noticed when people are making scenarios and notice them missing. B|

There is a technical reason why the UAV/UGV ownership is done this way and, as mentioned, in the future there will be recon teams which can all be given UAV / UGV with no restriction (although they can still only have one or the other).

• Moderators
11 hours ago, MAJ_Fubar said:

Right, what I'm saying is that UGV or m-UAV assigned to the PL element of leg infantry units (air assault units don't have PL elements) doesn't appear to be working, or at least I can't get them to work...

OK, air assault units don't have command elements? I can fix that. :)

6 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

Keybinding issue maybe? I just checked and both the UAV and UGV worked with the PL element from regular infantry, not just mech infantry.

No, same keys for both..but whatever; if it works, it works.

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, air assault units don't have command elements? I can fix that. :)

Actually, I just checked - it seems like all air assault should have PL units, except for the Blackhawk (just fixed that though). However, I think the helicopter might have to be created as a platoon formation to get the command element to show up.