Ugrade Codemeter Licence

Viper1970

Hello,

I got my SBPro 4.0 Codemeter Stick this week from Okay Soft. There was a note that I have to upgrade to the new Version !? I bought 4.0 so why an upgrade?

O.k. so far so good. I tried the link, given me in the note with the licence-url. I could only run the offline activation, cause my Gaming-PC isn't running yet and my Laptop has, in case of security, a virtual machine with which I do all the internet stuff.

I followed the steps given (there was a note to generate the licence in use of a firmcode, but there is no way to use such a code in the Codemeter Control Center, it generates the licence file without), produced the licence file and loaded it up. Then the message appeared: Internal Error Error Code = 0x18080001

I hope someone can help me to solve this problem, many thanks in advance.

Regards Sven Rüdel (Viper1970)

• Administrators

I would try a actual hardware machine to activate the license.  In theory it should work as long as your guest has exclusive access to that usb device, but that depends on proper configuration of your virtual machine software.  If that does not work, I would send a email to ssnake at the name of the company that makes steel beasts, he should be able to help.

Hi Sean,

thanks for your reply.

The problem is, that I have no actual hardware machine at the moment to deal with. The one I want to use with SBPro isn't ready yet. I build a home cockpit on which I also want to use SBPro, but it's far away from finish. I couldn't connect it shortly to the net, cause there are many systems that control the pit, which I'm currently about to test. I just wanted to see if the licence which I bought from okay soft is o.k and Steel Beasts is starting. For this to test the laptop is good enough. I never had the purpose to really run the game on it, cause of its hardware limitations.

My laptop has a win7 as host system on which sbpro is installed for testing, but my whole internet runs over vista in a virtual machine on this laptop. It's not so easy to reconfigure all my homenetwork to give this host win7 internet connection, cause every pc is controlled via IP and MAC. Don't like to screw up my hole network just for the codemeter licence. That's why I chose the codemeter stick and no simple 1 year codemeter licence. I thought the stick you get sent is already ready to run! Cause of the virtual machine thing I also tried to use the Offline-Activation.

Will sent an email to ssnake. Must I sent this to esim itself, or is ssnake here in the forum, too?

Edited by Viper1970

• Members
  1. Contact me by email if you can't solve the issue (my username at, well, eSimGames.com ... easy enough)
  2. Yes, I'll read, and write in German
  3. The CodeMeter USB stick will work in a virtual machine, time-based licenses do not
  4. Can't say if activation requires a "real" machine. If that was the case, there are two options -
    1. install (just) the latest CodeMeter runtime software on some other computer, then activate your license ticket from there; once activated, the license is stored in the CM stick and can be plugged into any other machine
    2. try the offline activation method (I'll provide more guidance by email, if necessary)
  5. If you ordered a new SB Pro PE license from OkaySoft, they should have sent you a license ticket leading to a full 4.0 license; it may be that the blurb about upgrading is something that they slip into every letter that they send out, who knows.
  6. If you contact me by email, please plug in the CM stick and run the program "CmDUST" to gather diagnostic information. After a few moments the program will open a Windows Explorer window containing a new file named "CmDust-Result.log". I will need that, also the license ticket number/full URL