Eye candy

Splash

I was taking a spin in the nice, new ASLAV-25 after 4.019 came out, and when I popped my head out of the turret I was shocked (Shocked! I say) to discover the squad had relieved some Yank G.I.s of their Alice packs. This just wouldn't do, so I ordered them returned. 

YycpRxH.png

This is just a little eye-candy mod. It takes the U.S. markings off the stowed gear that now appears randomly on various vehicles. Just put it in your non-U.S. folders. It does nothing but eliminate the U.S. stenciling. ( I didn't take a picture of it in action -- just imagine the packs with no U.S. on them.

And because the ASLAV is Aussie, I just had to include a special set in Auscam. 

tngxaFJ.png

I wasn't sure how to upload this; it's not for a specific vehicle, there's no category for it and it probably appeals mostly to folks like me, anyway. But I offer it here for anyone who wants it. Because, well, I can.

Stowage.7z

2 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Well, it's an attempt to individualize the looks of vehicles. If you don't like it, I suppose we can disable it, at least in future classoom versions for you.

I like it. I see it as a first step...one day i hope for turret markings that reflect unit callsigns :-)

51 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Well, it's an attempt to individualize the looks of vehicles. If you don't like it, I suppose we can disable it, at least in future classoom versions for you.

Its not worth getting too excited about, esp. as I say if its a universal feature of the modelling (e.g. its on every vehicle or on no vehicle).

However for our vehicles with enough internal room (ASLAV, M113, LAND400, ...) personal gear is stowed internally.

Happy for the external spaces to be filled with ration boxes, ammunition boxes, 20l oil cans, tarps, cam nets, etc.

Packs, bed rolls, etc. though tend to be inside.

Certainly spare grenades for the MBSGDs are not just stored loose (if that's what the cylinders with the black ends are?). I don't know any crew commander keen to have cylinders of WP rolling around unsecured. Esp. when the storage box is shown on the model already.

Different story on say a tank where isn't a huge amount of internal space.

Edited by Gibsonm

17 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Your junk = my medical stores and spare water (when you are 300Km from the nearest hospital).

Besides the dismounts have their own wagon.

You just have too much country side down there ;-)... 300km is half trough germany

I can remember wrapping my web gear around the out side of my hatch cover of my AVGP Cougar for years as the gunner and crew commanders  hatches were not that big and it was easier to leave the gear out side. Just put the gear on, and grab your wpn, as you got off the vehicle.

19 minutes ago, hussar11 said:

I can remember wrapping my web gear around the out side of my hatch cover of my AVGP Cougar for years as the gunner and crew commanders  hatches were not that big and it was easier to leave the gear out side. Just put the gear on, and grab your wpn, as you got off the vehicle.

You might notice I didn't say anything about webbing.

I'm talking about the packs - Where was you Bergen?

Anyway this had maybe eight posts more than it needed.

eSim has added packs a an attempt to make the vehicle look less uniform on a "one in, all in" basis. Splash has added a mod to make then look Australian. Until there is a menu choice to turn packs "on" or "off" (like a mine plough) per vehicle or vehicle type, we will live with it.

Yeah, I didn't mean for there to be a fuss. It's just an eye candy mod prompted by that little anachronism I saw.

As Gibson says, maybe as a future feature it could be a tickable choice per side (or per unit) -- "Show stowed gear" ? But even in its current state, it's moddable.  

I present to you my newest product: Alice-B-Gone. 

Not only does it kick the bitch off your ride, it prevents her from climbing back on. 

The attached file will, through the use of alpha channels and Black Magic, render externally stowed Alice packs (and most other personal gear) invisible on vehicles belonging to the nation(s) in whom's folder it resides. It won't affect a nation if it doesn't live in its mod folder.

WjE5m5O.jpg

IMPORTANT: The trick is to put a copy both in the nation folder (au in this case) AND in the theme folder (i.e. woodland) OUTSIDE of all the nation folders. Rinse & repeat as desired for winter, desert and fall.

This is the same principle discussed elsewhere here about Challenger skirts, M1A1 tarps, the T-72M4 CZ and the MAN45's cargo. 

Note that this instruction applies only to Alice-B-Gone. The earlier file to change the color/markings on the bags is a simple drop-in mod.

Alice-B-Gone.7z