A simple SB CPU benchmark

Rotareneg

1 hour ago, MDF said:

Somehow I'm getting 60 fps on an i7-2600K running at 3.4 GHz.  This was a powerful computer....five years ago.  What am I doing right?

You sure you hit start?  I know its a stupid question, but I thought I was getting 60 fps until I realized I didn't hit start yet.

2 hours ago, MDF said:

Somehow I'm getting 60 fps on an i7-2600K running at 3.4 GHz.  This was a powerful computer....five years ago.  What am I doing right?

It seems we run identical specs. I do get 60 fps when paused and 36 fps when unpaused.

There's no way I get 60 fps so I wonder what specials you're running? As Rotareneg already asked, I would also like to know if the graphics card may be the diference?

1 hour ago, Rotareneg said:

What graphics card? I wonder if some video drivers have a lot more CPU overhead or something that might be causing performance issues even when just showing the report or briefing screen. Oh, and one more thing, you're not pausing SB are you? If you pause it the FPS goes back up, presumably because it's not running the AI and/or line of sight calcuations.

Oh right, maybe I should've hit "start" before checking the FPS.  :$

With the mission actually running, I get about 32.75 FPS.  (Again, i7-2600K at 3.4GHz).

11 hours ago, DK-DDAM said:

i get between 36-39 fps.. while still being on the map. once back out looking at the vehicle it drops to between 27. and 30 fps

(i7-5960X 3.00 GHz)

Any chance you can run it while looking at the Briefing or Report screen (as he asked)?

I think we are trying to establish a benchmark so all the observations have to be under the same circumstances.

Yours currently are of little use as they weren't done the "right" way. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

I experienced something interesting on my laptop, which has an i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz CPU, with integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 and discrete Nvidia GeForce GT 755M.

When the laptop is plugged in and the discrete GPU is running, I get 36fps.

When I unplug, which disables the discrete GPU, it dips to 13fps.

I was surprised to see a significant drop in framerate because I thought this benchmark was not supposed to be affected by graphics. Well, there is none on screen, but it seems there are processes happening in the background.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

51 FPS (SBPro 4019)

i7-6850k (Broadwell-E) 6 core (12 virtual) base @3.6GHz and turbo @4.0GHz (XMP - on an ASUS X99 A-II Mainboard)
I ran SBPro in Windowed Mode.

The CPU is at 8% usage, with one full core being nearly at 100%.
The processor is only using several cores, when I switch to the 3D-View instead.

As expected Broadwell-E is slightly slower in single-core performance compared to the newer architectures.

Edited by Atomio