Sunday 30apr17 Kanium game

Grenny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Destroy would do the trick as well ;-)

I meant neutralize as in "unable to continue its mission" or "forced to retire" B|

We are speaking different doctrinal languages

neutralize – A tactical mission task that results in rendering enemy personnel or materiel incapable of interfering with a particular operation. 

defeat – A tactical mission task that occurs when an enemy force has temporarily or permanently lost the physical means or the will to fight

destroy – A tactical mission task that physically renders an enemy force combat-ineffective until it is reconstituted

Edited by Apocalypse 31

5 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

We are speaking different doctrinal languages

neutralize – (Army) A tactical mission task that results in rendering enemy personnel or materiel incapable of interfering with a particular operation. (FM 3-90-1)

defeat – A tactical mission task that occurs when an enemy force has temporarily or permanently lost the physical means or the will to fight

Yes, a bit off, but not to far. Considering that "their mission" is usually "interfering with your operation" that in matches in some way.

For example: We smack a enemy MechInf hard and inflict damages/casualties so that they'll be busy with CASEVAC for the next 1,5 hours (the time we need to bypass them and do our mission/tasks)...We'd consider them "Neutralized".

The german term we learned a equivalent of "neutralize" was "Zerschlagen"...and be different from "destroy" = "Vernichten" which would mean: take care of them permanently (permanetly unable to carry out missions)

Edited by Grenny

45 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Still need a C CO CDR

That might be helpful. 9_9

If you haven't played as a Company CO, I highly encourage doing it at least once. It is a whole different perspective. 

@kapylemha The M3 has less dismounts and more missiles compared to the M2. The controls are the same for either vehicle.

Edited by Mirzayev

4 minutes ago, kapylemha said:

I can take Charlie CO if it plays just as a mech company.

Is M3 any different to M2 ingame?

The M3 has less dismounts and more missiles compared to the M2. The controls are the same for either vehicle. Tactically, you are scouts, not infantry, so you don't have the numbers to act as your typical mech infantry (assaulting urban areas, for example.)

15 minutes ago, kapylemha said:

I can take Charlie CO if it plays just as a mech company.

Is M3 any different to M2 ingame?

A little bit, but it needs a different aproach in tactics

What was the comparison: Cavalery...or the art of punching with spread fingers.

Edited by Grenny

As my PC has locked up and disconnected on 3 out of the last 5 missions and was acting up in last weeks mission I am going to spend this weekend doing a complete windows rebuild. So I'm out for this one I'm afraid.

DBoy