Sunday 30apr17 Kanium game

Grenny

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did have less manning that our normal turnout, and I feel like the scenario suffered from it.

My recommendation is to have a backup scenario for the Company Level with enablers to serve as alternate scenarios in the event the manning does not support our usual BN (-).

1 hour ago, Mirzayev said:

We did have less manning that our normal turnout, and I feel like the scenario suffered from it.

My recommendation is to have a backup scenario for the Company Level with enablers to serve as alternate scenarios in the event the manning does not support our usual BN (-).

One problem with that it will have to be something that can be planned on the fly

After checking the AAR, I'd say you did not to bad.

But I had hoped that the Drone recce would show you the open Flank that the enemy had...and go for some "bind 'n'strike" action.

Instead you took the enemy defence head on (well, It worked to break through)

Something in the script did not work as intended. Given the enemy losses, they should have turned and run...but somehow the retreat-if was not triggered.

So in that sense, I'd call this battle a Pyrric victory for BLUE.

Edited by Grenny

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

But I had hoped that the Drone recce would show you the open Flank that the enemy had...and go for some "bind 'n'strike" action.

Two reasons why that didn't happen:

1. We lost most of our combat power before we reached the town. D SQDN lost all but 2 tanks in their first engagement and C CO was down to 2 Brads and 2 Tanks by the time we were organizing our assault.

2. The enemy reinforced with a Company of T-90s when we reached the town. I had already committed to a course of action to attack through the woods on the south (weak) side of the town based on the UAS feed. We went south, the enemy went north. At that point, it didnt matter - D SQDN was down to 2 working CV90s. 

Edit - Drone usage was successful - We were able to destroy the enemy artillery and locate enemy positions without being surprised. That doesn't matter if you lose the gunfight anyway.  

Edited by Apocalypse 31