BRDM

Scrapper_511

I was lucky enough to get access to a real BRDM (which is amazing if you consider i live in Tasmania). Well actually it was an SA-9 Hull with a BTR-60 (i believe) turret but that was close enough to get accurate measurements and angles from.

A Big nod too to Jartsev who supplied me with Manuals and Translations. He also checked and corrected my attempts at Russian for the interior.

DSCF1009.JPG

DSCF1018.JPG

Inspiring work. Out of curiousity, what sort of details do you realize by being in the flesh, that were missed from even detailed schematics and pictures? Or were images of certain things simply unavailable? Now that I think about it, interior pics of WP vehicles are kind of rare.

Edited by Scrapper_511

The underside of the chassis, the running gear, Steering assemblies. Plus being able to measure angles (Digital protractor), sizes and verify the plans. Based on my numbers there are NO accurate plans easily available. There is also something to be said for seeing how it all goes together that plans and photos alone cannot show. I first got access to this vehicle when I was making the BTRs, one problem I was having with the turret  was the location of the stanchions for the gun mantlet. Lucky I did too as they are much further back than I could have imagined. They have another turret from an OT-64 which they cut the top off to put a hatch in. I was able to photograph the interior of that which later helped me enormously for the BRDM-2 interior.

1 hour ago, dpabrams said:

DarkA,

If I sent you a M2A1 Bradley and a M1 would you upgrade those models also? Excellent work on the BRDM. Which program do you use?

Pete

There's already an M1, but please do send him the M2A1! xD

Edited by Scrapper_511
*Already an M1

4 minutes ago, DK-DDAM said:

well it all takes time to build... its not something that comes within a day unless you talk about dejawolf.. but still amazing job on that brdm... cant wait to see the atgm version aswell :)

The BRDM-2 AT 3D model was also updated in 4.019.  Load it in the Mission Editor and take a look.