TOW Aero RF range issue [FIXED]

Rotareneg

7 hours ago, Volcano said:

Regarding the flare, there is only one LOD of the missile model since it is relatively simple. So, if you can't see the flare at long range it is simply because the model (and the smaller flare mesh) is so small.

I just checked closer and it's not the model, but there's a fixed distance (not effected by resolution or camera field of view like LOD models are) where the flare effect disappears. Happens at the same distance with SB running at 1280x720 or 3840x2160. These screenshots were cropped from 4k shots:

I7X634C.png

0MhXmP1.png

It looks like this effects all missiles, not just the TOW. And like you said, you shouldn't try to fly the missile, but instead track the target with the crosshairs so it isn't a big issue. However, if we were to get the MCLOS version of the AT-3 it would be a bit of an issue as you do have to manually fly the missile and the beacon disappears before it reaches the full 3000 meters range.

• Moderators
On 5/6/2017 at 9:55 AM, Rotareneg said:

I just checked closer and it's not the model, but there's a fixed distance (not effected by resolution or camera field of view like LOD models are) where the flare effect disappears. Happens at the same distance with SB running at 1280x720 or 3840x2160. These screenshots were cropped from 4k shots:

Ah, OK, it could be a shader thing where its just not rendering the effect beyond a certain range. We will check that out.