Cannot Access SteelBeasts.com without VPN

Mirzayev

So today, I was going to post something on this site when I completely lost the ability to connect from my Laptop. I did a quick check on my phone (on the same network) to see if it was down, and behold! Steelbeasts.com loaded perfectly. 

I troubleshot on my end, and did everything from deleting my browser history, flushing my DNS, and changing my DNS. Nothing worked, and SteelBeasts.com was the only site that didn't load. I finally tried using a proxy, and this site loaded just fine. 

I'll keep using my VPN in the meantime, but I wanted to report this issue, and see if there is a fix. 

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Sometimes AV software block sites due to "false positives".

You don't mention if, or what, AV product you maybe running on the laptop.

I use AVG Free. It isn't Anti-virus related; I turned it off; it didn't help. Neither did disabling my Firewall, or anything else other than using a VPN. It isn't browser related, I tried two other browsers just to make sure. It also isn't related to my router, since I can connect perfectly using my phone on the same network. My ping returns also fail in CMD. It is very strange; one minute I was replying to a thread, and the next minute I wasn't able to access SteelBeasts.com at all, sans using the VPN. 

Edited by Mirzayev

3 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

I use AVG Free. It isn't Anti-virus related; I turned it off; it didn't help. Neither did disabling my Firewall, or anything else other than using a VPN. It isn't browser related, I tried two other browsers just to make sure. It also isn't related to my router, since I can connect perfectly using my phone on the same network. My ping returns also fail in CMD. It is very strange; one minute I was replying to a thread, and the next minute I wasn't able to access SteelBeasts.com at all, sans using the VPN. 

That happend to me a week or two ago exact same thing i was editing the briefing and suddenly i couldn't get on to SB at all from home i could from work so it is IP related which most likely means it is something at SB.com end because computers dont lock themselves out from a website all of a sudden.

I also tried everything from browser to other pcs but nothing worked from home but it did as soon as i got to work thats why i am fairly sure its something IP related

And when using VPN you have a diffrent ip

MD

Edited by Major duck

• Members

The only thing that comes to my mind (aside from the already mentioned temporary bans because someone else did something stupid) is that we recently changed the login to the forum to be SSH encrypted (in this day and age, not doing this via https is irresponsible). I cannot say if that switch towards https for the initial connection triggers a response on your system as you described, but I have no other suggestion why this may have happened.

• Administrators

We have a overly sensitive web application firewall on this site that produces false positives several times a year.  If this happens, send me a email.  webmaster at this site or esimgames dot com