Real Minimum System Requirements

IlaiKV

Hello everyone! Just need a piece of advice: my computer has 7gb ram and 512mb video card, both ddr2. I could quickly upgrade to 8gb and 1gb respectively. Would my basic configuration be good for anything at all? Basic settings and no multiplayer? Thanks!

Edited by IlaiKV
missed 2 letters

6 hours ago, IlaiKV said:

Hello everyone! Just need a piece of advice: my computer has 7gb ram and 512mb video card, both ddr2. I could quickly upgrade to 8gb and 1gb respectively. Would my basic configuration be good for anything at all? Basic settings and no multiplayer? Thanks!

Steel Beasts Professional Personal Edition (PE)  requires an IBM compatible PC (x64 only!) with the following minimum configuration: (Recommended specs are in parentheses.)

• 2.5 (3.5) GHz CPU (Multiple Cores Recommended)
  • 8 (32) GB RAM
  • 1024 (4096) MB dedicated video RAM, Nvidia GeForce 5+ Class (DirectX9 compatible card (with Shader Model 3.0 or higher)) or
  • 1024 (4096) MB dedicated video RAM, ATI Radeon 9600+ (DirectX9 compatible card (with Shader Model 3.0 or higher))
  • Sound card
  • Some users have reported success with more recent Intel graphics chipsets (GMA X4500+), however, they have not been tested and are not specifically supported.
  • 7 (15) GB available hard disk space
  • Free USB port for CodeMeter stick
  • Mouse
  • DVD drive
  • Microsoft Windows 7 /  8  / 10 (all in 64-Bit version only!)
  • Microsoft DirectX version 9.0c (or better) installed. Users must install DirectX 9.0c in parallel to DirectX 10/11, which comes standard with these operating systems.

• Members
On 18.5.2017 at 5:30 PM, Eddz said:

Steel Beasts Professional Personal Edition (PE)  requires an IBM compatible PC (x64 only!) with the following minimum configuration: (Recommended specs are in parentheses.)

Quoting from eSimGames.com is in this specific case not so helpful, as those specs were written for version 4 / 64 bit only. SB Pro PE 3.0 requires less.

We do not post "true minimum" requirements because these are usually just preventing the software from failing to start/crash, but not to deliver useful framerates. What a "useful framerate" is depends  on the play style/user profile and expectations. So, it's an extremely fuzzy area. Rather, we post recommendations where we are fairly confident that the vast majority of people will not be dissatisfied. This of course tends to deliver hardware specs that are considerably higher than a "minimum" - but which are more practical for most.

I'm able to run SB 4 on a 5 or 6 year old gaming laptop I have with decent framerates except when the thermal viewer is on and things are busy. Smoke also kills things a bit.

If it's possible you might try buying a license and running SB 3 on it, or even 2.6 - 2.6 will run on everything very smoothly and though you'll miss a lot of the newer features, if you enjoy the some of the original tanks and vehicles you'll still have a lot of fun with it until you've got enough money to upgrade your PC specs.

• Members

Version 2.6 requires a CodeMeter stick. Only version 3.0 and later can be run from a time-based license. Also, 2.6 licenses are no longer offered in our web shop. This would require locating a used copy of the right version on eBay or so.