Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kilo60

Unable to add Neutral "Green" units any longer?

Trying to Edit an old mission.....

For some reason I'm unable to add any new units at all when I switch to the "Green" side in the ME.

It's been awhile since I've edited missions and for the life of me am stuck with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you post the scenario here? I can take a look at it and see if I can find the issue.

It's because every available unit designation has been used for the vehicles on the green side.

3 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

It's because every available unit designation has been used for the vehicles on the green side.

Ok, so in order to add additional "Neutrals" I guess I will have to switch to Purple now?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Ok, so in order to add additional "Neutrals" I guess I will have to switch to Purple now?

Exactly. That or another side that you designate as "neutral" to both Blue and Red. 

Edited by Mirzayev

Keep in mind though that while neutral sides create less computational load than combatant sides, this will change immediately as soon as one of these parties changes attitude to (any) other party. So if you are planning to have such a change of attitude away from neutral based on some condition, you should create a separate party for that - even if it shares the same color and the same looks of the characters.

That you're exhausting all available classigns and plan on using more isn't a good sign, to be honest.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Keep in mind though that while neutral sides create less computational load than combatant sides, this will change immediately as soon as one of these parties changes attitude to (any) other party. So if you are planning to have such a change of attitude away from neutral based on some condition, you should create a separate party for that - even if it shares the same color and the same looks of the characters.

That you're exhausting all available classigns and plan on using more isn't a good sign, to be honest.

Agreed.  I really need parked/stationary civilian cars available as a static object instead of a Unit...

Is there anyway to remove the drivers in such objects or at least default them to civilian dressed drivers in civilian vehicles?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Agreed.  I really need parked/stationary civilian cars available as a static object instead of a Unit...

Is there anyway to remove the drivers in such objects or at least default them to civilian dressed drivers in civilian vehicles?

Yes. One option is to set the vehicle to destroyed; it will appear in game, basically as decoration.

The other option is to change the default unit appearance in the camo scheme, or by right clicking on the unit and setting the look of the crew.

Edited by Mirzayev