Mugs! Posters! Mousepads! Magnets!

Ssnake

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good idea. I'll ring up Bagram Airbase to see if they can set up a sweat shop with metal works.

Hm. The operator couldn't put me through. I'll keep trying.

Edited on 31 May 2017, 07:31 by Ssnake

The connection is very bad, and getting progressively worse. In fact, it's so bad at times, whenever I call them, as if someone hammered the mute button on the phone.

Edited on 31 May 2017, 08:43 by Ssnake

I don't understand this. I kept trying. I could swear I heard the operator yell at me to stop calling, but now the line seems to be dead.

I hope they are all okay. Maybe I should give them one more call.

Edited on 31 May 2017, 16:02 by Ssnake

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Good idea. I'll ring up Bagram Airbase to see if they can set up a sweat shop with metal works.

Hm. The operator couldn't put me through. I'll keep trying.

The connection is very bad, and getting progressively worse. In fact, it's so bad at times, whenever I call them, as if someone hammered the mute button on the phone.

The Insolent Swine - perhaps we need to send a Swine bird with a Massage:

Hi Nike-Ajax, just out of curiosity, what is this about "Masculine Melange" that you mention twice on your posts?

Never heard about a Masculine or Femenine  variant of Melange. (or who knows whatever other new sex gender versions being invented lately) :P

Just messing with you - not meant to be taken seriously. I was childishly and in good humour implying that Melange isnt as masculine as a cup of black coffee ...

Which I dont actually really mean - Hence I have no meaningful answer to your question :)

Disregard if not funny ...

Edited by Nike-Ajax

57 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Just messing with you - not meant to be taken seriously. I was childishly and in good humour implying that Melange isnt as masculine as a cup of black coffee ...

Oh I thought you meant "the spice" from Dune, not something a pedestrian as coffee. ;)

24 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Oh I thought you meant "the spice" from Dune, not something a pedestrian as coffee. ;)

Now THAT would have been more esoteric and fun.

Also a fun coincidence: The actor with the damn good cup of coffee above, was the same that played Paul Muad'Dib and for the same director in Dune ...

3 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Also a fun coincidence: The actor with the damn good cup of coffee above, was the same that played Paul Muad'Dib and for the same director in Dune ...

and Twin Peaks which is back on TV v2017 :D

5 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

and Twin Peaks which is back on TV v2017 :D

"and for the same director in Dune ... "

Indeed - as the above scene with the coffee is from the original Twin Peaks.

Edited by Nike-Ajax

21 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

I think beer mugs would be cool too... 1/2 pint or more B|

Just leave´em in the cooler and use when needed.

Brilliant - I used to have a beer glass like that that I could put in the freezer and would cool 2 standard beers (33 cl)  in minutes if not seconds. And It had a silicone handle wrap so it did not freezeburn your hand ...

But the wife decided that WE did not need it anymore and that it took up entirely too much room in the freezer ... not all battles are worth fighting and not all wars worth winning ...

So next time I will buy TWO and tell her its a couples thing ...

24 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was scratching my head because I thought the same thing.

Welll... I suppose the thoght should have ocurred to me given that I have read the whole Dune series by Frank Herbert twice. Fun fact: Herbert died 14 months after the Dune movie made him a household name ...

12 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, the influence of pop-culture. AFAIK, Vienna drank "melange"  long before Herbert was even born....

Almost certainly. But I didnt talk or think about Frank Herberts books .... until Gibson brought it up

• Members

Per product description at Cafepress:

• Our high quality fridge magnet is professionally printed on 2.125" x 3.125" metal shell (approximate size) with a flat magnetic backing. Also protected by a clear mylar/UV cover
  • Use it on a refrigerator, locker, cubicle, tool box, or as a dishwasher magnet for some attention-grabbing style
  • These novelty magnets are the perfect for any passion, magnet collection, or make unique gifts for men, women, & students

The perfect!

For students!

And all the other (ferromagnetic, I suppose) appliances you can use them on - not just fridges. Cubicles! Tool boxes! The possibilities!

For those born into the metric system: 54mm x 79mm