Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Richard7506

Editing scenarios - Newbie

Ok Newbie question guys.....just working through the scenario creation videos. How does one edit a pre-made scenario. Have no trouble with the "human side" but can't seem to enter the OPFOR side of things. Is it that pre-made scenarios lock down the OPFOR side of things to prevent "snooping" on the enemy locations before the scenario starts? Can this be overridden? 

Thanks, gents. 

One can add a password to lock various sides in a scenario from being accessed in the editor. If the scenario you're looking has been password protected the only thing you can do is contact the creator and see if they'll give you the password.

Ok thanks, sir. Love your videos....is there an easy indication if it is password protected?

Sure, a dialogue box will pop up if you try to edit a protected side(s).

There is no automatic indication in the title (or elsewhere) though to tell you before you try to edit it, if that what you are after.

Awards

Thanks....would anyone know of any unprotected scenarios? Trying to boost up the good guys for my LAN guys so they don't get creamed on the first scenario. Want them to really enjoy the experience  lol  :D

2 hours ago, Richard7506 said:

Thanks....would anyone know of any unprotected scenarios? Trying to boost up the good guys for my LAN guys so they don't get creamed on the first scenario. Want them to really enjoy the experience  lol  :D

What type of scenarios are you looking at? Plenty of them are unprotected. 

Oh ok, thanks. I downloaded 2 and they were all protected. Bad luck will start D/L'ing a few more. Thanks, I thought it was the norm. 

Cheers

Rick

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2017 at 7:50 AM, Richard7506 said:

Oh ok, thanks. I downloaded 2 and they were all protected. Bad luck will start D/L'ing a few more. Thanks, I thought it was the norm. 

Cheers

Rick

Feel free to check out my scenarios. I purposely do not protect them so others can learn from my logic (or errors in logic!) - No better way to produce more scenario designers. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

On ‎29‎-‎05‎-‎2017 at 11:51 PM, Richard7506 said:

Wow  - I didnt think anyone did LAN anymore?

Would be perfect for this Simulation

We do lots of LAN and have guys join in from the internet as well.

On 11/06/2017 at 2:45 AM, Nike-Ajax said:

Wow  - I didnt think anyone did LAN anymore?

Would be perfect for this Simulation

What did you think the classroom version used?

Awards

4 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

What did you think the classroom version used?

I was talking about private and/or non-professional context.