New player say Hi!

Barone

Hi everyone!

I'm Barone from Italy. Always been a fun of tanks, my grandpa was part of a tank crew in Africa during ww2.

I played some games like steel fury and some arcades in the past years and decided to get SB now.

I'm trying to learn all the mechanics for now. But after few months maybe would be nice to get involved into MP. I'm already a part of a virtual squadron (yes I'm also a flight sim enthusiast) so transition shouldn't be so dramatic.

I just wanted to present my self! :)

See you on the forum!

Cheers!

Welcome; it's always good to meet new members of the community! :D

If you are already running the Camp Hornfelt scenarios, you are well on your way to learning Steel Beasts. As @Gibsonm posted, the Starter Pack has plenty of great info, and is definitely worth reading in full.

Also, don't overlook the usefulness of the tank range; gunnery is a vital skill in Steel Beasts! I recommend that you practice with your chosen vehicle on the tank range until you can reliably get 90% accuracy and an engagement time of under ten seconds for every iteration. 

Gun Runner by @Tacbat is another series of scenarios to run through. They cover firing while on the move, which does take some practice to become proficient. I would run through these once you are crushing the tank range. B|

Finally, enjoy yourself! Steel Beasts has provided me with a great deal of entertainment for five years now. Learn at your own pace, play (or build) the types of scenarios that you enjoy, and never forget that the Steel Beasts community is always there to lend a hand!

Edited by Mirzayev

Welcome - I will suggest doing the trainer scenarios one at a time. Otherwise many good things said already.

Use time in the firing range.

Sign up for some of the multiplayer scenarios: Gibson is a particularly good teacher.

Be nice and courteous: people are more inclined to help you if you treat them with respect.

This is a small but close-knit community.

And have a nice day

Edited by Nike-Ajax

I dont know where you are from, but I can recommend 1CAD´s training sessions if you are in north america or are able to get up in time. Very good and good people.

Also Gibsons sessions are very good, he is a good teacher.

Tonight we will try mounting a new wednesday session and fingers crossed that might be interesting too.

Finally then there is the Sunday Kanium sessions.

Try them all and go with the ones you feel suit you best and gives you the best input.

hi nike-ajax. I'm from Italy so Europe. Na times are quite uncomfortable. Also at the moment I have my time pretty much interrupted. I think I'll face MP after the summer when I'll be able to concentrate more! :)