Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nike-Ajax

What is the safe way to remove a mod ?

Hi all

Once I install a mod, how do  I remove it without making any problems ?

Delete the files from the mod folder.

OK and thanks.

And verify which files by doing the same download so I can see the relevant files (without installing) ?

A "good" mod will include a readme describing which files it changes. It's a good idea to save these readme files. If there is no readme, at least when you unzip the content you may want to write down notes for yourself. I'm sure, you do that already. :)

And ideally rename the original files from say "steelBkgnd.dds" to "steelBkgnd old.dds" before replacing with the new "steelBkgnd.dds" from the mod - here a replacement for the menu background.

That way you can delete the mod file and just remove the " old" from the original.

Awards