A Discussion of Prices of Games Other than SB Pro PE

kraze

19 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

Compare Pro PE's price of $125 to VBS2's civilian version price of $500 upon release of VBS3.

What makes that $500 price tag even juicier is VBS3 PE being dead now, with no more updates for ~2 years and counting.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:30 AM, Maj.Hans said:

I don't have a problem at all for the price.

Especially since DCS seems to be the third or fourth repackaging of "Flanker" into a product that costs $800 now...

True, but to be fair its not DCS that prices each individual aircraft that way. There are many Payware study simulators for Flight similtor X that cost comparable to the prices that ED charges, but at the same time you don have to own all Modules, because not everyone is interested in using every given aircraft..

I might add that the systems on  an Aircraft ( particularly a modern one) are much more complex than that used on tanks, and the standards to become a tanker aren't as high as the requirements to be a pilot. In a given army, any enlisted man can be a tanker( assuming they pass a given aptitude test), before they attened thier role specifc training course. whilst to be a pilot in a air force, they only take officers for training, and to even be considered for officer's schooling ( even before they go attend give course for basic Piloting before they further go on to attend training for a very specific aircraft type.),  they require people with university degrees. The only time these standards drop is in wartime, and in cases where there is serious attrition.

But yeah at the end of the Day $125 gets you the full package, so its a fair price..

Edited by Kev2go

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2017 at 0:27 AM, kraze said:

What makes that $500 price tag even juicier is VBS3 PE being dead now, with no more updates for ~2 years and counting.

well you could pay the 4000 euros for the 1 year subscribtion for VBS3 17.2

On 2/3/2017 at 3:30 AM, Maj.Hans said:

I don't have a problem at all for the price.

Especially since DCS seems to be the third or fourth repackaging of "Flanker" into a product that costs $800 now...

How do you get that price???? DCS world is free with a su-25t...And $9.99 to add the flanker....so 10 bucks gets you a topnotch flight sim with two aircraft (3 if you count the mustang) Throw another 10 and you can have the f-15 or older su25 or an A-10A.

Edited by Badger

I don't think its a good comparison. The DLC aproach allows for some flexibility, and enables players to get only the stuff they want.

Esim offers the whole package...buy or leave.

Less flexible, but better for online play.

Imagine you want to make a mission with a Leo2A5 company in attack...and half the players only bougth the 2A4 or only own a T72 ?

@TSe419E This is whats available on steam to purchase for DCS, but the 'base' game is free. Im not comparing it to SB because that would be stupid, but i downloaded it a while back to check out the 'combined arms' feature (tanks and ground forces playable-i think it was free at that time, or maybe i payed for it i dont remember)) and it was pretty poor in my opinion

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/DCS_World/

Downloadable Content For This Game

$9.99 USD

F-15C for DCS World

$49.99 USD

DCS: UH-1H Huey

$39.99 USD

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3

$39.99 USD

DCS: A-10C Warthog - DLC

$29.99 USD

DCS: P-51D Mustang