Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18 September 1987

Sunday 9th of July  "Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18 September 1987"

When: Sunday 9th of July 1800 UTC

Where: Kanium TS ( teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 )

World Clock: Event Timer

BTN (-) Mission made from reforger exercise 87' "Certain strike" (GE,US vs UK) changed uk to sovjet.

Enemy Situation: An enemy Battalion from the 4th Guards Brigade is established in a defensive line south of Soltau. They are arrayed with 2x Companies foward, defending with tanks and infantry in vicinity of Meinern, Mittelstendorf, and Messhausen, with an additional armor reserve located at the southern outskirts of Soltau. 

Own: The 33rd is part of a Division-sized offensive, led by the 4th US Infantry Division that is aimed at seizing Hamburg. The initial assault will be led by the 33rd, that will size a foothold south of Soltau, and will pass elements of 4th US Infantry Division into Soltau and north to Hamburg. 

Mission. Attack to seize OBJ TIGER in order to pass elements of 4th Infantry Division north to Soltau. 

Execution. To be published

Key Tasks
1. Seize OBJ TIGER
2. Clear enemy forces from Meinern, Mittelstendorf, and Messhausen.

End State: OBJ Tiger is seized and a foothold has been established in southern Soltau that will enable future offensive operations. 

Fires. 3x Batteries have been allocated by higher headquarters to support this attack. 

Service & Support. All companies have supply, repair, and medical vehicles available. BN will maintain an emergy resupply platoon. 

Command & Signal
BN: 61000
A CO: 26000
B CO: 36000
C CO: 46000

Edited by Swordsmandk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manninglist

HQ66 M1IP Mirza

HQ65 M1IP Apoc

HQ4 CSS

FO 

A COY M1IP

A66 Swords

A65 Cimetar

A11 ChrisReb

A12 Connaugh

A13 Hedge

A21 Cavgunner

A22 Gunslinger

A23 Rørbæk

A31 Furia

A32 Lipe

A33 Colebrook

A41 M1IP (Reserve)(Trigger Activated)

A42

A43

B COY Bradley/M1

B66 SnS

B65

B11 M1 - Nike-Ajax

B12 M1 - Major duck

B13 M1- Red2112

B21 M1 -Warunleashed

B22 M1 - Reserved to Warunleashed for time being

B23 M1 - Reserved to Warunleashed for time being

B31 Bradley - KT

B32 Bradley - Ronin

B33 Bradley - Wiglif

B41 Bradley Dboy

B42

B43 Cimitar (if I can beg for this)

--------

EDIT:

I will not have empty/semi empty plts in this mission. If that happens we will put a plt or two in reserve and use what we have 8)

Edited by Swordsmandk

15 hours ago, Swordsmandk said:
Sunday 9th of July  "Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18 September 1981"

When: Sunday 9th of July 1800 UTC

Where: Kanium TS ( teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 )

World Clock: Event Timer

BTN (-) Mission made from reforger exercise 87' "Certain strike" (GE,US vs UK) changed uk to sovjet

Um, shouldn't that be:

Sunday 9th of July  "Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18 September 1987"

?

Also US tank platoons typically have 4 Vehicles

(Manning list has 3 tanks per platoon.)

Edited by Hedgehog

Absolutely correct both of you.

I have changed it to 1981 from 1987 cause of unit changes. I still have the original scenario that is us/Ge vs UK for another time.

I have scaled down units size in plts to incorporate full Manning instead of empty vehicles. 

So both of you are spot on. ??

After last sunday..i'm torn. Not beeing able to use the Marder as it should be used in a given tactical situation, sux big time.

I'd rather play any other IFV besides the Marder until a fully functioning model has been implemented.

Edited by Grenny