Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Major duck

Kanium Sunday 23rd of July "Hunt for Red Armor" by Apocalypse31

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sunday 23rd of July "Hunt for Red Armor" by Apocalypse31

When: Sunday 23rd of July 1800 UTC

Where: Kanium TS ( teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 )

World Clock: World Clock 1800 UTC

I. SITUATION. 

a. Enemy. The Bekistan Liberation Front (BLF) is an insurgent organization that has been operating within this region of Bekistan for the past year. During that time, they have slowly increased their influence and effectiveness within the region as well as their stockpile of arms and equipment. The BLF have become experts at performing the complex ambush; they employ a considerable IED cell that operates within the region, as well as a fighter cell that can easily field a battalion of 12-man fighter squads equipped with older ATGM's and highly-effective RPGs and machine guns. The BLF also have an indirect fire cell, consisting of 82 and 120mm mortars - however, they are most likely conserving ammunition for their upcoming attack and may not be employed as much. 

More alarming, a Bekistan Military Depot was recently seized by the BLF. The seizure of the depot does not come as a surprise, as the BLF can now easily outgun local Bekistan Security Forces (BSF). However, the military depot contained a stockpile of older T-55 tanks. The BLF, now equipped with an armored force, are planning for their next attack which will most likely be a spectacular attack against Coalition and BSF to seize Camp Horton. In doing so, the BLF hopes to send a clear message to the government of Bekistan that they are a legitimate power within Bekistan.  

b. Friendly. Your company-team has been deployed to the region as the tip of the spear to qwell the BLF and has based itself out of Camp Horton, a small camp guarded by a small group of Bekistan Security Forces (BSF). A flight of UH60 blackhawks has been provided to augment your company for air mobility, as well as a route clearance engineer platoon to assist you with ground mobility. 

b1. JSTARs will not be available for another 72-hours, which may be too late. However, friendly Signals Intelligence has intercepted BLF radio traffic indicating possible staging areas within the Verkhniy Valley, Verkhniy North Ridge, or Verkhniy South Ridge. Exact location is yet to be confirmed.

b2. Counter-IED ground penetrating radar has detected several hot-spots throughout the region that may contain buried IEDs.

b3. Human Intelligence has highlighted several areas where we have recieved tips from our human intelligence network. It is encourated that you investigate these areas (with dismounts) to develop information on the situation. 

c. Civilian. Civilian support for the BLF is mixed. Initially, the civilians backed the BLF, and viewed them as a home-guard security force protecting the locals from an ineffective government. However, the rise of the BLF during the past year has taken its toll on the locals. In many cases, the BLF have taken a more violent approach in an attempt to control the economy and local business. As stated, civilian support for the BLF is mixed, with civilians either supporting, fearing, and despising the BLF. 

Additionally, our Civil Affairs teams has identified several key personalities that may assist us in our mission. Be warned, these personalities will ONLY speak to the Company Commander or Executive Officer. The BLF also know how important these personalities are, so don't expect these interactions to be uncontested. 

NL-TGT #01: Shisknad Village Elder
NL-TGT #02: Darzab Village Elder
NL-TGT #03: Zura Village Elder
NL-TGT #04: Jawak Village Elder
NL-TGT #05: Verkhniy Imam
NL-TGT #06: Alai Wad Village Elder

II. MISSION.

Locate and destroy the enemy BLF forces that are massing in your region

III EXECUTION.

Key Tasks:
a. Engage local personalities to gather information on the BLF assembly area
b. Identify the insurgent staging area and conduct an attack to destroy insurgent forces. 

End State
a. Terrain. Camp Horton and other critical infrastructure are retained. 
b. Friendly. Friendly forces are postured for follow-on security assistance operations.
c. Enemy. BLF are unable to conduct an attack on Berkistani infrastructure.
d. Civilian. Minimal collateral damage and disruption to the civilian way of life. 

Fires.
A battery of 4x 155mm artillery has been tasked to directly support your operation within the region, and is co-located with you at Camp Horton.

DESIGNER NOTES:
1. Dismounts from A-66 and A-65 are the only ones that can 'speak' to elders. The trigger begins after 4 seconds those units are near the elder
2. Dont let A-66 or A-65 get killed. They are the Bekistan-whispers, and the only ones that can speak with locals to gether intelligence. 
3. IEDs are 'buried minefields' . Be careful (reference: b2)
4. The purple question marks (?) are intelligence locations. Friendly dismounts will trigger these intelligence events. Please remember, intel isn't always accurate - and sometimes it may not really be there. (reference: b3)

A CO = 2x PLT of NZ LAVs (suspension immune), A66 and A65 (NZLAV), and A5 (LOG PLT)

B CO = 3x PLT of LEO 1A5's

E CO = 1x PLT of RTE Clearance (2x AEV, 2x MRAP) with an additional 2x AEV in reserve (trigger)

H CO = 2x UH-60

iYGTegs.png

Edited by Major duck

Posted (edited)

Manninglist

Command Team

A66 (NZLAV): sNs/Short & Sweet (Kanium,UK) CO TF Z

A65 (NZLAV): Mirzayev (Kanium,US) CO TF Y

F5 FO (AMX FO)

B3 (LEO 1A5)  - Company Reserve

B31: Swordsmandk (Kanium,DK)

B32: 

B33: Red 2112 (DOW,ESP)

B34: Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

TF Y

A1 NZLAV

A11: Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)

A12

A13

A14: Wiglif (Kanium,US)

B1 (LEO 1A5)

B11: Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

B12: Nike Ajax (Kanium,DK)

B13: Saint Chrisreb (Kanium,UK)

B14: Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)  

E1 - Route Clearance Platoon

E11 (RG-31)

E12 (AEV)

Hotel Company (Assault Lift - UH-60)

H11: Apocalypse31 (Kanium,US)

TF Z

A2 NZLAV

A21: 12Alfa (1CAD,CAN)

A22

A23

A24: 

B2 (LEO 1A5)

B21: Cimetar (Kanium,SE)

B22: Connaugh (DOW,US)

B23: 

B24: Zaphod (Kanium/1CAD,CAN)

E1 - Route Clearance Platoon

E13 (AEV)

E14 (RG-31)

Hotel Company (Assault Lift - UH-60)

H12: Apocalypse31 (Kanium,US)

Where needed:

Edited by Major duck
added people / Moved around

Either mech Inf or engineer depending where I am most needed/best used 

1 minute ago, Kingtiger said:

Either mech Inf or engineer depending where I am most needed/best used 

Ill put you on INF because most of our normal MECH INF are out for the summer

MD

A Coy please if nobody else wants it?  If they do I will go to any Plt Ldr.  

B11 or XO. Whichever is better for manning purposes.

If Mirzayev is the XO I'll take B11 with Roerbaek in B14.  Otherwise, please stick us in a platoon together.

where required _ I think Cimetar wanted a Platoon this time . Put me anywhere within reason

Posted (edited)

somewhere in A 2 please

Edited by Zaphod
to be more precise , never open the door for a duck

1 hour ago, chrisreb said:

I think Cimetar wanted a Platoon this time

Dont know were you have got this ide from, ill do it if im needed and if someone else wants platoon its theirs. 

1 hour ago, chrisreb said:

where required _ I think Cimetar wanted his Pantaloon this time . Put me anywhere within reason

I think this is what you meant :)

Posted (edited)

Keep signing up if more wants tanks we will open B3

MD

Edited by Major duck

Posted (edited)

On 17/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, Major duck said:

Keep signing up if more wants tanks well open B3

MD

UV Protection?

It´s the heat MD....... :D

Edited by Red2112
Not relevant

Posted (edited)

"Reduce Oil Production" .... ???

An Eco-vitamin ?

EDIT:

ALSO ... and on an afterthought. WHAT is that woman doing with her hands ... showing the size of something ... ???

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

UV Protection?

It´s the heat MD....... :D

No i am just writing in a foreign language and on top of that i am dyslexic , so no not the heat

But we can always take it in danish if you would prefer that

MD

Edited by Major duck

I have a feeling Duck wants me on a short leash :D

37 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

"Reduce Oil Production" .... ???

An Eco-vitamin ?

Less oil leaks on our tanks :D

31 minutes ago, Major duck said:

No i am just writing in a foreign language and on top of that i am dyslexic , so no not the heat

But we can always take it in danish if you would prefer that

MD

I was referring to myself, the heat is affecting my head! :D