Welcome to Steelbeasts.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Major duck

Kanium Sunday 23rd of July "Hunt for Red Armor" by Apocalypse31

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Will be there if we'll. Put me as a anywhere for now. 

Any position that don't need pre planning. 

Edited by Swordsmandk

I wonder if someone should reach out to United Operations to hear if they have anyone for this mission, or if they are doing their own thing in the future or what their plans are?

6 hours ago, Nike-Ajax said:

I wonder if someone should reach out to United Operations to hear if they have anyone for this mission, or if they are doing their own thing in the future or what their plans are?

An excellent suggestion; seize the initiative and execute! :D

3 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

An excellent suggestion; seize the initiative and execute! :D

ahmmm.... Zu Befehl Mein Fuhrerin ... But I dont know a single person from UO ?  :)

Perhaps someone knows them or someone from them?

At any rate: If I have not heard anything in 24 hours - ie if someone doesnt write something here -  then I will try to look them up on the Internet and see if I can establish a dialogue with them. 

Actually I meant A Coy as in the original post A11, A22!!  Not sure you are ready for me as BG CO.  But..if MIRZ is there to hold my hand then I am fine.   

9 minutes ago, sjr162 said:

Actually I meant A Coy as in the original post A11, A22!!  Not sure you are ready for me as BG CO.  But..if MIRZ is there to hold my hand then I am fine.   

I'll fill in wherever. If you want to step up to be the TF Commander, I'll advise and assist as necessary. If you want another position, just announce it here and I'll hop in as A66. 

MIRZ thank you, if you will be XO happy to to stay as CO.  

57 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Paladin used to work with them a bit.

Awards

1 hour ago, Nike-Ajax said:

ahmmm.... Zu Befehl Mein Fuhrerin ... But I dont know a single person from UO ?  :)

At any rate: If I have not heard anything in 24 hours - ie if someone doesnt write something here -  then I will try to look them up on the Internet and see if I can establish a dialogue with them. 

I can reach some of them (one for sure) via Discord (Dangerous Waters)...

I´ll get back to you with news!

Well, MSG sent but busy on DCS World so...

At least he saw it, if it gets through is beyond me now.

Recipient will forward msg that any UO member willing to play Sunday´s Kanium mission should see/sign-up ad in MP section of this forum.

On ‎18‎-‎07‎-‎2017 at 9:57 PM, Red2112 said:

Recipient will forward msg that any UO member willing to play Sunday´s Kanium mission should see/sign-up ad in MP section of this forum.

Thank you - I will leave it at that.

@TSe419E and @Roerbaek

Regarding the buried minefields: I did some testing to see if there was a bug..I could not identify one. 

Here's a few things I identified in my test

• The AEV will clear buried mines - but without lane markings (not until the minefield is "discovered")
  • The AEV will only use lane markings when a minefield is "discovered".
  • You must stay exactly behind the AEV when moving through a cleared minefield of buried mines - even straying a few meters will get you blown up.*
  • A vehicle will "discover" a minefield when it hits a mine. Dismounted sappers will also "discover" a minefield when they use their metal detectors.

*I created a 'breach' route through a minefield. I ordered the AEV and a tank to use the SAME route and the AI tank consistently hit mines. However, when I commanded the vehicle (without the waypoint) I followed the AEV closely and made it through just fine. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:
  • The AEV will clear buried mines - but without lane markings (not until the minefield is "discovered")
  • The AEV will only use lane markings when a minefield is "discovered".

I regard this as a bug and I will file it up and report it as such. Using the Line Marker System is optional for AEV crew in reality but as default, if they plow ground for whatever reason they also use the LMS to mark where they have plowed, so in SB the AEV should mark even if it finds nothing, because its still a clear lane...

6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:
  • You must stay exactly behind the AEV when moving through a cleared minefield of buried mines - even straying a few meters will get you blown up.*
  • A vehicle will "discover" a minefield when it hits a mine. Dismounted sappers will also "discover" a minefield when they use their metal detectors.

*I created a 'breach' route through a minefield. I ordered the AEV and a tank to use the SAME route and the AI tank consistently hit mines. However, when I commanded the vehicle (without the waypoint) I followed the AEV closely and made it through just fine. 

You know this shit already, so this is more for other people: You must indeed stay exactly behind the AEVs lane as the plow gives if memory doesnt fails me a tank with plus 20cm on each side, that is not much room for errors. but this is mine BREACHING, not clearing which means there are risks involved that higher ups are okay with, if you want mineclearing you need dismounted engineers and a few hours work. 

In real life we have dismounted engineers moving into the breach after the first combat unit is through to pick up mines that have fallen down again in the lane. 

Below is a public picture from Armeövning 2015 in Sweden where a CV90 platoon moving through a breach. you can see the plow walls it kicks up and you can see the LMS as small white arrows with green/red side on. (note that the center low ground is not plowed as a its a creek passage and they didnt want that one destroyed so its strictly exercise rules).

150522-striv (1).jpg

Nice video.

Imagine if you could actually control them. A well placed Carl Gustav round would've ended that firefight much quicker.

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Nice video.

Imagine if you could actually control them. A well placed Carl Gustav round would've ended that firefight much quicker.

yeah HE timed for airburst or just hitting the tree above them, that would have been the end of the discussion! 

Myself and Roerbeck were exactly behind the ARV and hit IEDs. Then they were so thick that on repair moving even 1 metre meant another hit. Spent 2 hours or so repairing a tank.